[BM Profiles] Bert's Mace-DR rigpack, available now!!!

• The "Gainland" from Van Weelden which I am familiar with is a preamp.

What power amp and speaker/s was the Van Weelden "Gainland" run through for the profiling?

Hi fastdog,
    I used the power amp of the V-Empire Blue rumble MK2, an Engl poweramp , a Bogner cab 2x12 with Vintage 30 and the Box of Doom loaded with a G12H. So I made a couple of profiles using different amps and cabs .

Bert
    http://www.bmprofiles.com

• Today I had the time to go intensively through all profiles, I didn't have to do much tweaking, just a little bit of eq on some profiles, that's all.

I found everything from sparkly clean tones to very nice crunch- and lead-sounds. The basic character is different from other profiles, with my '58 strat they are "singing" with warm and very nice mids, I love it. My favourite amps are B.E.C. (Bogner Ecstacy Classic), CA3+ (Custom Audio) and Gainland (Van Weelden), simply fantastic.

have a lot of fun with this profiles too. You also have to check them out with different cabs. The bogner clean b.e.s channel 1 a with a cab from deaqlight studios (1960AV) is awesome warm and fat for a clean tone. I tried it with a ibanez jem on switch position 4 (typically used by Steve Vai when he's playing clean with the jem). Also the solsano is great with differnt cabs. So much colors!!

• Hi Bert,
    I have spend some time with this great profiles. Outstanding things in this pack! Nearly all clean sounds are on top, also with other cabs. The Bogner is amazing like guidos bogner and the soldano also. For some heavy players: Use them with cabs from sinmix or deadlight studios. they sound perfect.
    A wish for the future: I think most of these profile are done with your Strat. I would like to hear the difference of the soldano when you profile it with a jem or music man petrucci or music man luke with humbuckers.
    Is there a chance to get a small pack f.e. only the soldano or the b.e.c profiled with humbuckers? I would compare it to guidos profiles, they sound so great for me because they are done with a luke II and I am not a Strat player (but i have an eye on it......)

Thanks for these profiles. I agree 100% with all the good statements from the community. Youre direct in the champions league of commercial sellers!

cheers
    Frank

and...

• I used the profiles on a recording project and found they work fantastically! I haven't been so inspired by profiles in a long time. Excellent work!

Bert - do you plan on doing anymore?

• @Havohej me too, all these different sellers who now all have profiles better than anyone else's.

Agree with eltzejupp too about different guitar profiles. I was tempted with this pack then noticed it was just about all done on either a tele or a strat where I use buckers

• I used the profiles on a recording project and found they work fantastically! I haven't been so inspired by profiles in a long time. Excellent work!

Bert - do you plan on doing anymore?

Maxy, thanks man !!

It wasn't the plan but after reading all the stunning reviews and great compliments I may have to reconsider it haha
    My intention was to make a pack consisting the amps that I personally used for studio and live. For me as a sessionplayer these amps have proved themselves so that is the whole idea behind this pack.

Bert

• First of all, thanks for your great compliment Frank !!

I think the first thing I'll have to do is to make a couple of sound samples played with a Les Paul or ES 335...
    And yes, maybe I'm gonna make some profiles with my Valley arts (EMG HB,SC,SC) or a guitar loaded with HB's.
    I'll keep you informed !!

Bert

• Bert's profiles sound great with all my guitars, it doesn't matter if it's a single coil (strat, tele) or humbucker guitar (Les Paul, SG, ES-335, Charvel San Dimas), just to make that clear.

I'm not into guitars with EMG-pickups or Ibanez-guitars with ultra-thin necks, for my taste these guitars sound either sterile or very weak (if gain isn't on 11...).

I think it's THE occasion to get Bert's -very expensive- collection of amps for peanuts, it's simply like that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Appreciate that Guenter but disagree with your view on Ibanez having a weak sound. Thx for commenting that the profiles sound good with not just single coils though. I'll probably pick these up at some point but with so many profiles being heralded as the best at the moment, I'm in no huge rush

• Bert's profiles sound great with all my guitars, it doesn't matter if it's a single coil (strat, tele) or humbucker guitar (Les Paul, SG, ES-335, Charvel San Dimas), just to make that clear.

I'm not into guitars with EMG-pickups or Ibanez-guitars with ultra-thin necks, for my taste these guitars sound either sterile or very weak (if gain isn't on 11...).

I think it's THE occasion to get Bert's -very expensive- collection of amps for peanuts, it's simply like that.

... Dont understand this post. I bought the pack and there is no try to get cheap profiles. I want to compare profiles done with a strat to profiles that would be done with a guitar i have in stock. Dont know why you guy speak over peanuts. I dont want something for free, i pay for profiles!
    Maybe i understand your post not right, but if you mean it like i think i must say there is something wrong in your head. Sorry for that but i dont asked you for these profiles!

I fully agree. Also, for the ones requesting profiles 'done with a certain guitar' (which effectively means ''with amps dialed in for a certain guitar' as profiling is guitar independent) keep in mind that Bert stated initially that he dialed in his amps (and profiled them) in a way he found the profiles usable with all kinds of his guitars.
    IMHO this is the best approach to profiling anyway.
    I will definitely check out these profiles if I ever get out of this pre-X-mas stress-fest. ;)

• I fully agree. Also, for the ones requesting profiles 'done with a certain guitar' (which effectively means ''with amps dialed in for a certain guitar' as profiling is guitar independent) keep in mind that Bert stated initially that he dialed in his amps (and profiled them) in a way he found the profiles usable with all kinds of his guitars.
    IMHO this is the best approach to profiling anyway.
    I will definitely check out these profiles if I ever get out of this pre-X-mas stress-fest. ;)

I am with you. The profiles are absolutely awesome, especially the clean ones.
    But i have to tweak the gain ones and some of them are sounding much better for me when i change the cab.
    so i have in mind they also sound different when they are profiled with a humbucker guitar. Maybe i am wrong, but i like to check it out. Btw: A strat is on the way :D
    I am looking for 3 tone sunburst american standard under my x- mas tree.

• I think it is clear what I meant: to get 74 excellent profiles from an expensive amp-collection of a long-time session player = a lot of good sounds for very little money (= peanuts).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de