[BM Profiles] Bert's Mace-DR rigpack, available now!!!

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The introduction video of the BM profiles F-Man :thumbup:

Trying to recreate the sound of a Friedman BE100. What a great amp this is !!!!
    Used guitars are Les Paul, Folreden Strat, Zion and Valley Arts.

Hope you like the profiles as much as I do :!:

• This pack is so good. All guitars (clean and gain with F-man profiles). Bass from Guidos Antpack.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This pack is so good. All guitars (clean and gain with F-man profiles). Bass from Guidos Antpack.

Very cool @PETERFR, thank you so much for posting :thumbup:

• Okay folks,

Here is a soundsample of the BE 100

Got some little quotes in it for @Eltzejupp and @CJGOMEZ :thumbup:

• I like that palying very much Bert and i noticed the little quote for me :thumbup: ,
    but dont you think the soundexample is too midrangy or with better words not crisp at the high end?

• Is it only me who misses some clear hights on the recording (just a bit) or is it my soundcard?
  • That sounds really good! Cool video, too!

• The last years I’ve tested some (non)commercial profiles of the famous Friedman BE100, and – to be honest – I found them boring. Playing with (lots of) gain can be fun, but that’s only one part of the deal. The feel, dynamics and even the guitar make sense, it is a complete package. I still want to hear THE twang and bite from my Tele, or twang from my Strat, etc.. I love the identity of my guitar even while playing with lots of gain, so I am not an easy guy to satisfy with ‘gain-profiles’….

Bert did an amazing job with this package and raised the bar sky-high. I know this because I own ‘’the real deal’’ so i know how it sounds. Because of that, I was involved in the process of profiling and we had some meetings, chats, phone-calls and it did some profile testing. This beast looks like ‘again another Plexi’, but it is more, much more than that. It is a very complex (and expensive ) amp and not easy to catch and tweak. You have to spend a lot of time but it is worth every hour to find out all the capabilities of this beast. I love it!!

Today i tested the official (final) version of Bert’s package and I am very, very satisfied. The ‘rightinyourface’ sound is there and I can play at bedroom level with my favorite wall of sound [Blocked Image: https://www.facebook.com/images/emoji.php/v9/ff6/2/16/1f609.png];-). Even the clean sounds are great. I did an A/B test, and it is amazing. I know it costed Bert days and (half) nights to get this job done, to reach his personal goal; to make the best Friedman BE100 profiles in the market. And Yes he did it. These profiles are absolute the Bomb!! You can ‘t make them better than this. Okay, no live experience so far, but I am convinced that these profiles make me also smile on stage.

Well done Bert, I was fun to be part of this process and keep up doing the good work. Btw, are you kidding? Less than 15 euro for this package? It is a giveaway given the result and all the hard work!! Thanks.

• I like that palying very much Bert and i noticed the little quote for me :thumbup: ,
    but dont you think the soundexample is too midrangy or with better words not crisp at the high end?

• Is it only me who misses some clear hights on the recording (just a bit) or is it my soundcard?

Hey Frank, IMHO there's a nice range in the sound example. The mellower high-end Profiles may be better-suited to Teles, Strats and super-strats, and the brighter ones to LP's and whatnot.

Surely the sounds at 0:34, 1:12, 1:22 and 2:07 are bright-enough for you?

The thing is, you don't want guitars in general to be too-bright in a mix; those higher frequencies should be reserved for vocal air, hats, cymbals, shakers, tambourines and whatnot IMHO. I therefore see Bert's take on Profiling in general, where he also observes common-sense low-end requirements, as being second-to-none.

So yeah, in isolation I agree that many of the Profiles may sound dull, especially depending upon how you pair them with guitar types and PU's, but gratification in a solo (no other musicians) context wouldn't even have made it to the bottom of Bert's list of priorities when making any of his packs, I reckon, and that's how it should be.

• @willishen Willem, thank your for your great review man !! You're a tough guy when it comes to sound, dynamics etc. I take it as a big compliment.

And I certainly wanna thank you for letting me use your fantastic amp for a couple of weeks so I could exemine all the capabilities of it carefully during sessions and profiling.
    Also for judging my roughs by comparing it with the real deal....It was a tough one to nail but I guess it turned out well :thumbup:

• The thing is, you don't want guitars in general to be too-bright in a mix; those higher frequencies should be reserved for vocal air, hats, cymbals, shakers, tambourines and whatnot IMHO

Nicky, I totally agree with you on this one !! (I always do :) )

(too) much highs and lows are impressive but not functional IMHO.

• Hey Frank, IMHO there's a nice range in the sound example. The mellower high-end Profiles may be better-suited to Teles, Strats and super-strats, and the brighter ones to LP's and whatnot.
    Surely the sounds at 0:34, 1:12, 1:22 and 2:07 are bright-enough for you?

The thing is, you don't want guitars in general to be too-bright in a mix; those higher frequencies should be reserved for vocal air, hats, cymbals, shakers, tambourines and whatnot IMHO. I therefore see Bert's take on Profiling in general, where he also observes common-sense low-end requirements, as being second-to-none.

So yeah, in isolation I agree that many of the Profiles may sound dull, especially depending upon how you pair them with guitar types and PU's, but gratification in a solo (no other musicians) context wouldn't even have made it to the bottom of Bert's list of priorities when making any of his packs, I reckon, and that's how it should be.

The sounds are all well well done and when i play them isolated i add a little trebel and reduce the mids a little and everything is fine. What i mean is the recorded example. These are isolated sounds and for my ears they sound a little, what do you say, dull. When i compare it to the phil x video presentation the sounds in the presentation are exactly with that crisp i expect.

• Oh, I hear you, Frank.

I s'pose it's 'cause Bert didn't tweak the Rigs he used in this case to sound impressive in a solo context, adding a little treble and reducing the mids as you do.

Look at it from Bert's point of view: It would be misleading if he altered the true sounds of the pack for demo purposes.

• my favourite profiles were mic'd with my favourite mic combination, an U47/SM57.

I really dig those profiles with the U47/SM57 combo! This pack is so amazing I couldn't believe my ears when I hit the first note. I've found some unbelievably nice cleans and singing distorted sounds with eternal sustain! You did it Bert, you've excelled yourself once again. Thank you for the great work!

• Thanks for again an other pack of great sounds Bert! The Friedman is killer!

External Content youtu.be

• Hail, Caesar! Hail, Bert! This laudatory spirit is being very common in the thread lately. And I am not suprpised. I praised Bert's work on the BE earlier, and now, after trying it out with two other guitars, I feel more than ever this pack is a must-have. With all respect to other packs and vendors, it may be the only pack you ever need. Bad for business, Bert; what can you offer us now? It works great with SCs, humbuckers and P90s. And the cleans are as good as the gainy profiles. I had already quite a few very good cleans, starting with the excellent Morgan from RE, and the ones here are in the same league. Not too sparkly, not too dull, spot on for a good shuffle with a Strat or a Gibson. I expected the pack to be very good but more a one-trick pony. I've never tried a real BE, but it seemed to me that bearing in mind other packs and the more familiar (to me) Pink Tacos and Dirty Shirleys, it would be primarily a rock amp, which it is, but this pack seems very versatile. The only "problem" is having to choose a few profiles from so many that work great. Excellent work. Ave, Bert! (sorry, I can't speak Dutch)

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• The sounds are all well well done and when i play them isolated i add a little trebel and reduce the mids a little and everything is fine. What i mean is the recorded example. These are isolated sounds and for my ears they sound a little, what do you say, dull. When i compare it to the phil x video presentation the sounds in the presentation are exactly with that crisp i expect.

To me Bert's profiles are more sophisticated than aggressive. Say, more Peter Frampton than Gary Moore, for the lack of better examples. And in a hard rock context these might be a little "dull" as @Eltzejupp mentioned. Still, these is easily the best BE profiles there is.

• Bert did an amazing job and he refused to bring out profiles until they were perfect.
    The ''real deal'' is not easy to tweak, but the more time you spend the more sound options you discover.
    As i wrote before, this is not another gain-amp. It is the MOAP (Mother Off All Plexi's ;)