Bert Meulendijk Profiles

• Strange comments? Did you even reads what I said???? I get chased around by this clown caveman all over this forum for the past year, have even reported it and IM the strange one? Lol ok dude....

Edited once, last by VESmedic ().

• Today I had the time to go intensively through all profiles, I didn't have to do much tweaking, just a little bit of eq on some profiles, that's all.

I found everything from sparkly clean tones to very nice crunch- and lead-sounds. The basic character is different from other profiles, with my '58 strat they are "singing" with warm and very nice mids, I love it. My favourite amps are B.E.C. (Bogner Ecstacy Classic), CA3+ (Custom Audio) and Gainland (Van Weelden), simply fantastic.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• This is something interesting, that I'd really want someone explained to me.
    there's no arguing in my question, this is really what I'm asking to myself and to those who have played these rigs :)

we have been saying for years that the Profiler reacts and sounds like a real amp. We have said to any and everyone that it's obvious to tweak a profile to match your instruments, and that is probably the main reason why they are not satisfied with a certain rig thet have downloaded.

but now pro musicians say that these rigs are great with any kind of guitars, be them SCs, P90, HBs.
    since I have no reasons to doubt about their experience and competence, here's my question: has anything changed? Is this the graal of profiling? Do the pros use the same settings on an amp for their teles and their LPs?
    or i am definily missing something? :D

thanks for your responses :)

• Bert bought your pack, the detail with strat and humbuckers AND PICK UP SELECTION really is the best way to help us!
    man where have you been all our lives????
    it cant be over stated!! it really helps us make a needed informed choice

pick ups used, and guitar used plus you playing many styles man.
    GREAT!!! SOLD BOUGHT INSTANTLY

for me i wanted to play funk, blues rock reggae and ska on strat, and also use my Gibson
    your sound sample and detail is my dream standard come true man

well worth the money BTW
    ok enough of my praise for today my friends
    kudos to you brother and kemper ;)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited 2 times, last by ashtweth ().

• Bought your profiles, they really sound VERY good. I was a little bit dissapointed at first... then I tried them in the mix where they simply are a perfect fit. Awesome!

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• Hi Dan, can you please tell me what you mean by "in the mix" for noobs?
    thx man. :)

BTW, is it just me or is bert a Riff master?
    sound samples are cool :D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• "in the mix" for noobs

Basically just means with all the other instruments playing with you. So either playing to a backing track / recording or jamming with your band :)

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• Viabcroce, nothing has changed but to my opinion there are three types of profile makers, without mentioning names:

1) Amateurs like the guy trying to be funny in this thread
    2) Engineers/producers who know how a guitar is supposed to sound on a record
    3) Pro guitar players with a trackrecord of over 20 years of playing and recording on big productions AND who use the Kemper for these purposes as well

From the first moment I got my Kemper I knew that the last category would be the ones that I instantly would buy any profile from because these guys know how a guitar is supposed to sound and "they eat their own dogfood", meaning, they use these profiles themselves as well. They know how to tweak a profile so that it can be used on an SC or a HB, because they switch all the times themselves as well.

• First of all, it's an honour for me that an important seller in Profileland gives a reaction in this thread so thank you Sinmix !!

I'll try to answer your question Viabcroce. In my case, I'll try to make a satisfying sound for all kind of pick-ups before profiling. I'll test the sound, before profiling, with different guitars in all kind of tracks which I have because I do a lot of studio sessions in my own studio. When I have a sound that satisfies me then I make the profile. This works for me. Not on all profiles but it will on most of them. For instance, an amp as the Gainland is more suitable for HB although I made one for SC also.
    I'll hope this gives a bit of an answer to your question...

Bert

• Really don't know what is funny? It's a commercial thread, so i think everyone here want to sell her own profiles. But as always we all need some ideology for this. At the end all of commercial profiles maker want to earn some money - Fact. @breu I believe that Your profiles sounds good! But at the same time i know what we can do with Kemper. It is a tool like many others who have their limitations and some things just' cant be done "better" IMO. However, people need to belive in something, and every 5 months discover the same thing again. :D It's only my opinion (amateur "funny" guy from this Forum). Anyway, i wish You good luck - really! Even if sometimes my post can sound like dick post! :thumbup:

Stay Metal!

• Clutterbilly hits the point, exactly my experience, too.
    Bert is definitevely category Nr. 3 and his profiles are some of the best I've ever bought.

sinmix: I don't want to offend you and you know that I bought many profiles from you, too, but I don't use them. Of course they are not bad, many here love them and maybe they are very useful for metal-players. I'm a "Clutterbilly-category-Nr. 3"-guy, too and for my working-field (pop/hard-rock/blues/rock/funk/soul/fusion/dance/lounge/latin ect.) Bert's profiles work perfectly.

It's like everywhere, erveryone has to find his own way, but please be tolerant and not cynical to anybody else.

viabcroce: I've never had a problem with using different guitars on one amp-setting. If I want a strat sound I'll pick a strat, the same with a Les Paul. Of course a Humbucker will have more gain, but that's what I want when I choose to use one. My amp-settings will stay the same, so if I'm using KPA-profiles they will fit for all my guitars. I have to say that I don't use active pickups (except EMGs on my Steinberger GM4-TA) and I also try to find the perfect distance from strings to pickups.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Mhhh thanks fuys, this has quite rarely happened to me (to plug a different guitar into an amp and not touch anything).
    interesting, let's see whether some samples are actually released in the future :)

• Guys /Bert

I have to say if you own a fender or single coil and dont use these profiles you will be VERY sorry, i cant believe the variety of sounds , Fx, and presetup Rigs for this pack, i can go from Regaae, Blues Rock, mod Rock to funk INSTANTLY.... DOESN'T SOUND LIKE ANY THING ELSE...There is character in the gainman and much more, I challenge any one with a fender to get his this pack and to be disappointed , aint gonna happen my friends. For me this is as good as the Sinmix stuff and top jimi, there can be no doubt.

ps yes its still up there and good for Humbuckers

sincerely
    Ash