Bert Meulendijk Profiles

• I had the time to sort everything out, made some performances-banks ect., the profiles are outstanding. :thumbup:

As soon as I have recorded some stuff, I will release it here. I didn't expect to find something like this on the quite saturated profile-market.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Great. Just when I thought I was done buying profiles. :)

You're so right. Christmas is coming. Not a fan, but this will be a gift. Reviews are clearly. Let's put it this way: We're not looking for more, but for different ones! That makes the difference imho... well yes, I'm talking myself into believing this hahaha.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Here, I'll help things along.

Last night I recorded a demo using one of the G1 Driftwood Purple Nightmare profiles. I then re-recorded all the tracks using a different profile from the same pack. And then another. While they all sounded great, they all sounded completely unique. Even using profiles of the same amp from the same profile maker.

Then I used a Friedman BE100 from Sinmix, and it changed the entire character of the song.

So yeah, there are thousand of profiles out there. But to me they all serve a purpose. Yes, you could probably get away with only a handful of profiles and survive. But as I see it, even spending $50 on new profiles every few months I am still spending less than I did when I was constantly swapping pedals, speakers, pickups, etc. just to chase a tone I now achieve easily at will.

Husband, Father, Pajama Enthusiast

• Great post! I feel the same way.

• Here, I'll help things along.
    But as I see it, even spending $50 on new profiles every few months I am still spending less than I did when I was constantly swapping pedals, speakers, pickups, etc. just to chase a tone I now achieve easily at will.

That's it :) . It is on the fun side of the KPA having the possibility to try any amp in the world. Could never be achieved in real life. For me at least.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• I bought these yesterday and played with them last night. They are outstanding! There is a naturalness to them. I compared them to the MBritt profiles (I'm a huge fan and have almost all of them). I think they are on the same level of quality and a fantastic compliment. I could see using these primarily but time will tell. I'm very happy with my purchase and plan to use them for an upcoming recording project and really put them through they're paces.

• Thank you guys for all your compliments and nice words !!!
    To be compared with MBritt is really a BIG BIG honour.
    I've put a lot of effort in making these profiles and letting them "work" in songs.
    It's good to read that you fellow guitarplayers have the same experience as I have with these profiles !!

I hope you will enjoy the profiles as much as I do and I hope that they are just as useful to you as they are to me in my profession as a guitarplayer !!

Bert

• Like I said, I like these profiles because they are different, of course there are many excellent profiles on the market, no discussion about that. And I'm really surprised that -after using hundreds of profiles from Andy, Armin, MBritt, Guido, MWagener ect.- I found something new and different.

For me it's very easy: these profiles are an inspiration for my playing, composing and producing, comparing to anything else I bought the amount of money is ridiculously small.

Even for users, who -like myself- already have a lot of excellent profiles, I strongly recommend to buy the pack, especially if you're in anything like blues, jazz, pop, funk, hard-rock, fusion, country ect.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• I wouldn't compare Bert's pack with MBritt or other vendors, it's really something unique and worth to buy anyway. Michael (MBritt) is part of a well-known US-country-band, of course a great guitar-player with his own taste and style. Bert is a session-player, who probably will play a lot more music-styles and use much more different sounds and guitars, there's f.e. a difference.

I don't know Bert and I haven't heard from him before, so there's no reason for me to do any promo for him. He is one of the players, you'll hear all the time, but you don't know personally. I know what I'm talking about, I did about 1500 studio-sessions and more than 20 big venue-tours, but session-players normally are ignored by media, which is fine for me. ;)

As I could see Bert is a member of "The Voice Of Holland"-band and if you're playing there, you must be able to play all styles of music. I'm sure he will use his KPA, too, like I'm doing it for all sessions and tours. I already started to use his profiles on recordings and I didn't have to tweak them at all, they sound marvellous.

Edited 3 times, last by guenterhaas ().

• Hi
    today i tested the pack,
    this is def the best pack i bought when it comes to the question
    "iwant the original room sound of an amp"
    its absolutely amazing im blown away
    if there would only be this pack as , presets in a kemper and thats
    it , no other packs i would still buy the kemper for the actual price
    the showman is the best fender style profile ever
    my deepest congrats for your work bert, never change the system and the workflow
    with what you have created these files, it can't get better
    THANKS

• Got it. Hope the profiles will work with my jems, gibsons and my beloved petrucci jp6 music man and only for a strat.
    If not, i will never eat a fricandel!

cheers
    Frank ( living near to the border to the netherlands) ;)

• Played the Houston Arena Theatre with The Whispers last night.
    The Showman profile is now my go to clean profile.
    And I've got just about profile in the market...
    Thank you Bert!
    Emilio

• I made a demo using a couple of my Bert Meulendijk profiles.

Cheers, Bert
    http://www.bmprofiles.com

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I made a demo using a couple of my Bert Meulendijk profiles.

Cheers, Bert
    http://www.bmprofiles.com

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Awesome demo!!