Bert Meulendijk Profiles

• OK been doing some gigs with some of Berts profiles. First my philosophy in regards to profile packs in general. A good profile pack is when you scroll through the profiles and you find them to your liking thinking "i could record and gig with a lot of these". But ofcourse you don't use 75 rigs when gigging. I already had a full setup of rigs so i figured if there were 2 or three that i really fell in love with in this pack then i am a really happy costumer. And lo and behold amongst the many very high quality rigs there were some that i fell in love with in the sense that they were better for my needs than some of my own profiles or filled a gap.

The rigs of Berts that found their way in to my live rotation of sounds are:
    BM Vempi ch 1 (i did modify it slightly with some compression from an mxr super comp that i have sitting in my rack)
    BM Solduro dist 2
    BM A mp1 crunch 3

So i got 75 rigs almost all of which i could see myself record with and 3 rigs that i loved playing live with. To me that is a very high success rate for a profile pack.
    I am sure they sound fine with humbuckers in all positions but for guitarists with single coils or ssh configs these are just fantastic.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

• Thanks so much Kim, ill give those a go my friend! we really appreciate this type of feedback. :)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• I've bought the BM-profiles. Those profiles are really versatile: different kind of amps/tones, from clean to mild-overdrive to heavy-overdrive to distortion, normal and bright variations, and so on.
    Ive bought serveral commercial profiles (taf/Mbritt/soundside/jimi), but only the BM-profiles are staying in my Kemper, 'cause I really like the sounds of these profiles.

• Seen a lot of reactions from strat players, how do the BM-profiles react to the Les Paul?

@bogersjacco The only thing I can say is that I tested all profiles with a strat, tele, Les paul with P90 and humbuckers. The profiles are working great with all of them in my opinion.
    There are some LP soundclips in this thread or have a listen on my soundcloud, I made a couple of clips with a humbucker LP.
    Also the solo I did on the profile demo song is a Les Paul.

But maybe some other guys who have written a post in this thread can give their opinion....

• got the pack. still evaluating them, will post samples later. ofcourse the profiles are sth special, very good.

but hey, bert, as you are living near the source: can you get a van weelden twinkleland for profiling? what about a special dutch pack? ;)

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Seen a lot of reactions from strat players, how do the BM-profiles react to the Les Paul?

oddly enough, they sound as good!!, i cant figure it, usually it takes a lot of beer for them to sound good to me but it didn't haha! :D
    No beer needed for LP ;)

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Today i have played this blues for a while and wanted to find the defintive profile which was -- by far -- the plexi of Bert.
    After i while i wanted to play nothing else and began to zip through some profiles and i used only my best 15.
    Kudos to Bert! :thumbup:

if you want to you can hear my noodling here

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Today i have played this blues for a while and wanted to find the defintive profile which was -- by far -- the plexi of Bert.
    After i while i wanted to play nothing else and began to zip through some profiles and i used only my best 15.
    Kudos to Bert! :thumbup:

if you want to you can hear my noodling here

Nice noodling and good sound Geraldo

cheers
    Frank

and.....

• recently i bought the BM profiles , nice , very nice
    a lot of useable amps .
    my main guitar is a les Paul and that's working very well with most of the profiles.
    I also own a lot of the M Britt profiles ; I think the BM profiles are at least as good.
    For me personally the BM profiles suits me better .
    Don't believe me , just buy them , you won't regret it

• recently i bought the BM profiles , nice , very nice
    a lot of useable amps .
    my main guitar is a les Paul and that's working very well with most of the profiles.
    I also own a lot of the M Britt profiles ; I think the BM profiles are at least as good.
    For me personally the BM profiles suits me better .
    Don't believe me , just buy them , you won't regret it

You're right .... we're waiting on package 2 ..... ;)

• Unfortunately, I don't see this happening unless Bert decides to borrow or hire amps specifically for this purpose.

He has, after all, shared (as far as we know) the profiles based on his amp collection that he's been using for years on his sessions. The refinement of the tones was borne out of practical session experience using these amps. Unless and until he finds it necessary to use different amps due to shortcomings of his existing "tone base", I reckon he'll continue to record with what he's got or the profiles thereof.

• Unfortunately, I don't see this happening unless Bert decides to borrow or hire amps specifically for this purpose.

He has, after all, shared (as far as we know) the profiles based on his amp collection that he's been using for years on his sessions. The refinement of the tones was borne out of practical session experience using these amps. Unless and until he finds it necessary to use different amps due to shortcomings of his existing "tone base", I reckon he'll continue to record with what he's got or the profiles thereof.

Hey man, I choose to live in a world where Bert needs a whole new bunch of amps for his session work and will profile those, road test them and then send a new pack out. You're really bringing me down with all this "reality" garbage! :D

Yeah Nicky, as you say, it's based on my personal amp collection indeed. Besides that, it's only released 2 months ago..I think if I consider to release another pack it's a bit early to do so..
    But I have to say, all the stunning reviews and responses gives me food for thought...

Bert

• Well, don't eat too much Bert; we'll need you to be in tip-top shape if you're ever going to do it again... profile that is. :D

Hey man, I choose to live in a world where Bert needs a whole new bunch of amps for his session work and will profile those, road test them and then send a new pack out. You're really bringing me down with all this "reality" garbage! :D

Sorry Maxy. LOL

There's still room for a bit 'o fantasy 'though, it seems, as Bert has confirmed above. I'll join you in the lobby, but be sure to bring your Kemper; it could be a long wait... :/

True, but I remember reading that this is how M Britt got started. His first pack was basically that.

In the case of BM, there are several amps in his pack that have very few profiles, like the Vox only 1, and I wouldn't mind a couple of more extensive single-amp packs on the basis of some of his amps, as long as there's enough non-overlapping profiles and the quality remains high.

• Just freakin' around with some of my profiles :)
    Strat with Shower '62 Dick Dale and Les Paul '53 goldtop neck with CA ch3 Dist Luke

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.