Aux input volume vs rig volume

• One thing I find very useful with my new KPA is the ability to connect my iPhone to the aux inputs for sound matching and learning songs. One problem however is that even with the aux output level at maximum and the iPhone output level maxed out the volume of the signal from the iPhone is around half that of most of the standard rigs in the Kemper. I don't really want to mess with the output volume of each rig so is there another way to match these levels globally?

Many thanks

Paul

• Thanks I guess thats the only way then. I realise that I'm not driving the input as hard as I could with a mixer attached etc but for simple rehearsals without breaking loads of gear out it seems like a nice option just to connect a music player. A rig output level option on the same page as the aux input levels would be really useful, but I guess thats for another forum.

Thanks loads.

• Since my windows tablet and android phone don’t have this problem, I was curious, so I did a little research. It seems the iPhone 5 (and to a lesser extent the 5s) sound circuitry has unusually low output impedance which tends to make them quieter than most devices. Also there is an EU restriction on headphone volume and in your settings if you turn off the limit, and max the volume slider, and then on the side of the phone (even though the displayed slider shows max) keep pressing the up vol button, you might get past the EU volume restriction. If it’s still too low of an output, the mixer is a good idea, or you can get a tiny rechargeable headphone amp that some iPhone users reported work pretty well and are good quality. One that was mentioned is a FiiO E6 which seems to last about 8hrs on a charge.

• Thanks for the suggestions. I've checked the volume limit isn't enabled on my 6+ so it's not that unfortunately. The headphone amp sounds like a good option, I'll bare that in mind.

• I have connected a Chromcast Audio to my Kemper Aux inputs. It has line level output. You will have to use the Google music iPhone app to stream to it. It works really well for me and it is <40€.

• Thanks for all the tips, I think I've found the solution now. While 'Limit Volume' was turned off on the iPhone there is another option called 'sound check' which was turned on, disabling that allowed the iPhone volume to compete with the rig sounds.

Thanks for the tips and steering me in the right direction.

• I'd like to reup this post.

I wanted to play to MP3 songs during the weekend but i cant get the aux volume as loud as the rig volume. I can't lower every rig in my performances...

aux in vol. is all the way up and my phone, too (Huawei P20 lite).

Is there any way to lower the Main Rig Volume without lowering the Aux In, Volume?