Top Jimi from Kemper

• @old crow - good point. I have played them for a very short while and found them to be very good. Nice variety that covers a broad spectrum of genres. Belated thank you to Top Jimi for being generous in sharing these profiles. They are appreciated.

• I'm personally not a fan of his profiles at all... To me they are completely midrange, and have absolutely no high end on his overdrive/distortion profiles. The New SLO of his could absolutely rule, but it just sounds like a blanket is on everything above 3k... Again, just my opinion. He also uses some technique to boost the midrange in his amps before he profiles them in the preamp section, like with an EQ pedal or something. It's very prominent. Again, just my opinion but I feel we should all be honest here good or bad with opinions....

• Speaking always for myself..

I love the TAF-profiles (vox,matchless,bogner,mesa,carr,fender etc) and also what I heard from Mbritt but Topjimi makes the marshall-profiles I love most.All his superleads,bluesbreakers etc have this fine "chainsaw" in the higher mids you either love about the vintage-marshalls or you dont.All a matter of personal taste.

I also love the JCM-800 stuff Andy makes but when it comes to older marshall stuff there is only Topjimi hands down.

• Only my 2 cents.

For me there is no profile in this pack that i like to use right out of the box. It's a secrect why these profiles are supported by kpa because if you compare the profiles one to one to guidos , andys or sinmix profiles they are lightyears away from their quality clearness and punch. Sorry for that, but if you compare, you hear it .
    But as i have written, only my 2 cents, i have the same thoughts about the mbritt profiles. Can't find the magic behind them. No one is cool right out of the box. To much to tweak for me.

• I really love everything I have bought from Top Jimi except the Silver Jubilee that for some reason does not have any bass at all. Haven't tried these new factory rigs of his, but I am sure they are good. However, I bought three packs from TAF and to my ears the Mark V was just plain awful with my Les Paul, way too much bass and flubby bottom. Also bought the SLO100 and Rockerverb packs, they sounded alright but nothing really special to be honest. Not to bash TAF or anything, but we all perceive sound differently (luckily). For instance, I cannot get anything from Line 6 to sound good even with hours and hours of tweaking, but I respect people who can make their gear sound good!

Edited once, last by Alfi27 ().

• Can't comment on TJ's other stuff, but his '74 Marshall Super Lead is truly wonderful. One of my favourite profiles that is able to give me my required Thin Lizzy fix in massive doses :) I think it is highly commendable that he has put forth some freebies for us to pick over.

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Did some "classic AC/DC stuff" with the topjimi "TJ-74" on the right,the Kemper "Blackface Bass Dimed" on the left and the TAF-Rectifier for the lead.No mix,no effetcs,no comps,just some delay on the lead,sorry for the untuned guitar and the sloppy playing..I know everyone says this but I did this for real in "5 minutes" just for fun.

All rigs are "free ones"..

• Yes it is

Not only tastes, but the amp/speaker choices we use for playback differ. Through my little JBL monitors at home, there were numerous rigs others were raving about that I thought were dull. However, after playing these at high volume through a better quality PA, they came to life. IMO there is no substitute for using a quality monitor or PA when trying out a profile. Volume helps too :D

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Not only tastes, but the amp/speaker choices we use for playback differ. Through my little JBL monitors at home, there were numerous rigs others were raving about that I thought were dull. However, after playing these at high volume through a better quality PA, they came to life. IMO there is no substitute for using a quality monitor or PA when trying out a profile. Volume helps too :D

I totaly agree here! MBritt profiles, for example, are especially made to be crank up, they will sound dull at low volume but don't be fool.

• Absolutely! I'm relatively new around here but I have found that volume, monitor, pickups, etc... all have a big effect on what you hear out of the KPA. Much like a real tube amp. I guess I was used to hearing the digital output of my old POD X3 which sounded pretty much the same no matter what type guitar or pickups I used.

I found a Profile on RE the other day while I just happened to be playing my single coil Strat and I really loved it. The next day I hooked up my Les Paul, loaded up that great profile and it was like, what was I thinking??? This sounds terrible! It was overdriven and muddy. Duh, went back to my single coil Strat and there was that great sound again. I learned a big lesson about the responsiveness of the KPA!

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Did some "classic AC/DC stuff" with the topjimi "TJ-74" on the right,the Kemper "Blackface Bass Dimed" on the left and the TAF-Rectifier for the lead.No mix,no effetcs,no comps,just some delay on the lead,sorry for the untuned guitar and the sloppy playing..I know everyone says this but I did this for real in "5 minutes" just for fun.

All rigs are "free ones"..

Ups..the Topjimi is (ofcourse) on the left channel you hear and the Kemper on the right.Just noticed that I wrote it wrong.Sorry.