Dual footswitch connected to Remote to toggle more slots?

• I am going to purchase the remote regardless, but I would like to add an additional two-button footswitch, (maybe even two) to the remote.
    What kind of switch would I need, any recommendations?

What I'd like to do.
    I'd like to have a single button for each slot (by slot I mean the 8 places you can place an effect not the five patches per bank), so that I could have independent control of each no matter what. Therefore I could turn on and off my delay, reverb, mod, x slot, a, b, c, and d, each having their own dedicated switch so that I don't have to remember which does what for each Rig. If I understand correctly, a 2-button switch could be connected to one jack with a TRS cable. Therefore I could get two of these 2-button switches which would use up two jacks, (still leaving me the ability to hook up a volume pedal, even though I don't plan to do so). These extra four switches plus the four effect on the Remote would then give me a total of 8, allowing me to toggle all 8 slots on and off independently. I would assign the four effect switches on the remote to four slots and the external switch that I'm asking about to the other four slots. I wouldn't need to have any of my switches on the remote or the external ones have different assignments on different slots. The only thing that would be important is that I wouldn't have any issues with the saved on/off status of the slots. That is the external ones would behave just like the remote's effect switches, even though they wouldn't have an led. Would I be able to do this?

Edited once, last by Grooguit ().

• You can connect to momentary switches via trs cable to each Jack directly to the kemper or via the remote then assign those in the system menu. So 4 switches total yes..many options are around for this and you could make your own if handy... It's even been discussed at length with suggestions and options switches.. So try a search..

• Cool. If I got a boss fs-7 which has an led for each switch, would that follow the active/ deactive assignments as I switch from rig to rig? That is, suppose on of tne fs-7 switchs was globally assigned to the reverb slot, would the led light up automatically when switching to a rig with reverb slot active?

• Cool. If I got a boss fs-7 which has an led for each switch, would that follow the active/ deactive assignments as I switch from rig to rig? That is, suppose on of tne fs-7 switchs was globally assigned to the reverb slot, would the led light up…

The answer is simple: No, the led's on the FS-7 will not follow your assignments since the FS-7 has no intelligence or some kind of abillity to read your assignments. Even of you choose the switches to act as toggle switches, the status of the switches will not change if you change to another rig.
    So I would suggest, if you're going to use a FS-7,to use it in unlatched / mod.

• Cool. If I got a boss fs-7 which has an led for each switch, would that follow the active/ deactive assignments as I switch from rig to rig? That is, suppose on of tne fs-7 switchs was globally assigned to the reverb slot, would the led light up automatically when switching to a rig with reverb slot active?

The Remote's display will show the status of the slots.

Thanks guys I was needing this inf, I inherited a double Nobles" switch unit that went with a GT 100 and will be perfect for extra effects so when I get my sadly un-tech head round to setting up
    the remote (been staring at it for a while) :love:

• There is no standard wiring that would make third part switches work intelligently. Hmmmmm.... Maybe they will surprise us all someday, with Kemper switches that work intelligently with the Remote and the back of the KPA. LOL!

Quote from whippinpost91850: “It's kind of unfortunate those switch jacks can't send some intelligent info and power to external switches”

There is no standard wiring that would make third part switches work intelligently. Hmmmmm.... Maybe they…

That's what I was thinking