Kill switch / Toggle switch effect ?

• What do you expect out of an expression pedal controlling this? If toe is volume and heel is no volume, it's just a volume pedal you're looking at. If it's something different, I have no idea.

• Anyone knows how to create a "Kill switch / Toggle switch effect" that can be controlled by an expression pedal ?

With the remote contol its easy to mute via switching to tuning. (tuning should be set to mute)
    I think this function is possible with Switch/Pepal Inputs at back panel.

In the reference manual I found follows:
    Quote:
    Instead of expression pedals, the two Switch / Pedal inputs can also be used to connect switches. Switches can be used for all kinds of tasks, such as switching effects, engaging the tuner, or tapping the tempo
    Unquote:

It has to be configurated in the System menue (Pedal 1,2).
    I can not proof it, cause my KPA is sent to Kemper for repair.

keep rockin' Harry

• yep, Harry you're right !
    I didn't think of muting the signal via Tuner mute !

Would you elaborate? I did not get it...

think of an extreme Tremolo effect where the speed is controlled by an expression pedal ...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• in this case would just be a volume control, if I get you right...

As I understood, he is looking for a volume on/off function, which can be handled very fast.
    At the example I considered 1/8 and even 1/8 triples.
    In my imagination it should be a switch-on if you press and switch-off if you release. It's harder to push a button off beat for musical sence.
    Additional it must be possible to finish this function very fast. Otherwise you have to stay at the button to play further continuously.

keep rockin' Harry

• I haven't tried yet, but I would expect the Tremolo to be the closest thing to what you want by now. You can control the speed with tap tempo. There are several feature request for the ability to link any parameter to an expression pedal, and I'm almost sure this will come sooner or later. Than it would work exactly the way you described it (if I got you right). From the manual:
    "Tremolo / Auto Panner
    The Tremolo modulates the level of the signal in a periodic manner.
     Rate
    Use the “Rate” knob to adjust the speed of Tremolo modulation; this parameter is almost continuously variable, but
    stays in sync to the actual tempo of the Rig. The tempo can be dialed in manually or tapped on the TAP button.
    When “Tempo” is engaged, the rate will be displayed in musical values. Please refer to the Tempo chapter for more
    information about the tempo sources and settings.
     Depth
    Use the “Depth” parameter to adjust the intensity of the modulation. (...)"
    Hth.

• I used to have an old Gibson amp that had a tremelo effect with intensity built in to it.
    It would pretty much do exactly what you are describing (other than you couldn't control the rate with an expression pedal, though putting the pot into a pedal would have accomplished that.).

I always wanted this effect, combined with an Attack delay, followed by a delay so that I could simulate EVH's "Cathedral" and Night Ranger's "Rumors in the Air" without all the volume knob work on my guitar.
    Just get the right tempo and pick the note during the kill phase, and let the attack delay do the volume swell for you while the delay does the repeats for you.

Found this thread after using the Tremolo effect (10 depth, minimum crossover, 0% stereo, set up as a momentary morph) and that's as close as I can get for now.

I did put in a feature request for a "shape" parameter, since it defaults to a sine-wave curve. They could add a square shape so we can get something closer to the killswitch effect. It'll work for now though -- or I'll just use my actual pickup switch.