Kill switch / Toggle switch effect ?

• Hi,
    Anyone knows how to create a "Kill switch / Toggle switch effect" that can be controlled by an expression pedal ?
    Thanks

This is a great question. I need this for some songs that we do with the guitar simulating record-scratch effects. I find the technique difficult with my guitar pickup switch and have been considering installing a momentary kill switch on one of my guitars, but having this in a pedal would be an amazing solution.

• I find the technique difficult with my guitar pickup switch and have been considering installing a momentary kill switch on one of my guitars

Instead of installing a switch in one guitar, your could put the switch in a stompbox, and ALL your guitars would have a kill switch :)

A single pole, single throw, normally closed switch would do it.

• Hahaha
    ... Listen to me guys, we need a squared wave driving a VCA... or an evolution of the tremolo, able to completely close the signal!

As for now, I've experimented a bit and, provided that the Tremolo doesn't completely gates\triggers the signal, I've got a bit... close to the effect by placing 5 tremolos in series with maximum Depth and rate around 10. On the last Tremolo I set Rate close to maximum (nice that you can control it through the Mod knob).

Placing a Wah Rate Reducer with Manual @ 1 and Peak @ 10 on Slot 1 also adds the... switch noise LOL. Wah Ring Modulation and Wave Shaper were funny too :P

Sorry, can't record clips ATM :/

• Instead of installing a switch in one guitar, your could put the switch in a stompbox, and ALL your guitars would have a kill switch

Napalm pedals do one, I had one for a while it worked well

ESP Ltd Sir Headly, Ibanez Jem 777vbk, Jem DNA replica, Ibanez JS24p, , ESP ltd V307, Dean Zero Punk, Ibanez rg1527, ESP LTD EC1000, Chapman ML3-RC Traben Phoenix 5, Avalon L25c Redwood.

Kemper lunchbox, Atomic CLR, Kemper Remote, Digitech Whammey DT, line 6 relay g50, Dunlop dp3, moog ep3x2, Randall KH 4x12, Carlsbro Nu Tone head.

• I use wireless, so I am trying to imagine how a stompbox would work for me. I only need the kill switch on a couple of tunes, so I'm not sure how much complexity/cabling/etc. I want to add to my rig for a momentary kill switch. If this would be done with my Kemper controller or expression pedals that would be optimal.

• I use wireless too, I use a line 6 g50 which is located in my pedalboard. signal chain used to be Wireless into napalm Momkill into Whammy DT then into the kemper.

I sold the kill switch as i wasn't using it much. to be honest having one on the guitar gives more flexibly as you can hit it whist operating a whammy with your foot and get some cool morello type sounds... when the kill is in the pedal you lose that.

ESP Ltd Sir Headly, Ibanez Jem 777vbk, Jem DNA replica, Ibanez JS24p, , ESP ltd V307, Dean Zero Punk, Ibanez rg1527, ESP LTD EC1000, Chapman ML3-RC Traben Phoenix 5, Avalon L25c Redwood.

Kemper lunchbox, Atomic CLR, Kemper Remote, Digitech Whammey DT, line 6 relay g50, Dunlop dp3, moog ep3x2, Randall KH 4x12, Carlsbro Nu Tone head.