Kill switch / Toggle switch effect ?

• Hi,
    Anyone knows how to create a "Kill switch / Toggle switch effect" that can be controlled by an expression pedal ?
    Thanks

This is a great question. I need this for some songs that we do with the guitar simulating record-scratch effects. I find the technique difficult with my guitar pickup switch and have been considering installing a momentary kill switch on one of my guitars, but having this in a pedal would be an amazing solution.

• Hahaha
    ... Listen to me guys, we need a squared wave driving a VCA... or an evolution of the tremolo, able to completely close the signal!

As for now, I've experimented a bit and, provided that the Tremolo doesn't completely gates\triggers the signal, I've got a bit... close to the effect by placing 5 tremolos in series with maximum Depth and rate around 10. On the last Tremolo I set Rate close to maximum (nice that you can control it through the Mod knob).

Placing a Wah Rate Reducer with Manual @ 1 and Peak @ 10 on Slot 1 also adds the... switch noise LOL. Wah Ring Modulation and Wave Shaper were funny too :P

Sorry, can't record clips ATM :/

• I use wireless, so I am trying to imagine how a stompbox would work for me. I only need the kill switch on a couple of tunes, so I'm not sure how much complexity/cabling/etc. I want to add to my rig for a momentary kill switch. If this would be done with my Kemper controller or expression pedals that would be optimal.

• I use wireless too, I use a line 6 g50 which is located in my pedalboard. signal chain used to be Wireless into napalm Momkill into Whammy DT then into the kemper.

I sold the kill switch as i wasn't using it much. to be honest having one on the guitar gives more flexibly as you can hit it whist operating a whammy with your foot and get some cool morello type sounds... when the kill is in the pedal you lose that.