Very nice, unknown before Reverb in 3.2.1 [AUDIO SAMPLE]

• Sorry, dude. Didn't mean to piss on your chips. It really sounds nice, but just not quite like an old Fender tank, for example.

No problem @sambrox I just found hidden menu in 3.2.1 and some additional parameters for Reverb and Delay. Playing with Reverb options gave me this kinda Spring Reverb tone ;)

• @skoczy has a microscope shoved up his KPA. Man, you have been inside/out on that thing. Nice try on the Spring though. No one is mad at you they just all come running when some says Spring Reverb or Editor. Keep up the tweaking under the hood, you've found some cool things. :thumbup:

• @skoczy has a microscope shoved up his KPA. Man, you have been inside/out on that thing. Nice try on the Spring though. No one is mad at you they just all come running when some says Spring Reverb or Editor. Keep up the tweaking under the hood, you've found some cool things. :thumbup:

OK guys, not to keep you uncertain longer. Ensure you have Reverb enabled, go to SYSTEM (17 pages there...), hold RIG for a while, Artist Mode enabled (2 more enabled..), go to page 5/19, play with Reverb Mix & Reverb Mix Range knobs. For me it sounds very springy. Let me know how about you.

Also on page 6/19 besides Pure Cabinet there is another option on 3rd knob it is not described, but try it...

[Blocked Image: http://s7.postimg.org/8l99asr7v/aaa.jpg]

• OK guys, not to keep you uncertain longer. Ensure you have Reverb enabled, go to SYSTEM (17 pages there...), hold RIG for a while, Artist Mode enabled (2 more enabled..), go to page 5/19, play with Reverb Mix & Reverb Mix Range knobs. For me it sounds very springy. Let me know how about you.

Also on page 6/19 besides Pure Cabinet there is another option on 3rd knob it is not described, but try it...

[Blocked Image: http://s7.postimg.org/8l99asr7v/aaa.jpg]

I don't get it. Wouldn't that menu be for assigning Delay and Reverb functions to an expression pedal? Aren't those MIDI continuous controller code numbers (CC 68 & CC 70)?

• I gave a short try, it's a very nice set of features, not sure if they are different from the ones fount in the verb settings, but it's a very convenient way to set up new kind of long cavernous stuff and super long delayed verbs as well, it's still a bit coldish to me.

I wish these settings will be available on a per rig basis in the actual settings, page 3

• Wow, I didn't know that spring reverb has this much demand! I better get out more often :D . When digital reverbs first came out in late seventies and became abundant for guitarists few years after, guitar players couldn't imagine having to go back to using spring reverbs :) . Nostalgia is bittersweet.

At any rate I think a quick solution would be that If the next update includes an Impulse response player, it would solve many problems for many people. We can have impulse responses of all the spring tanks available and those who have longing for the first EMT digital reverb units that cost $15000 when they were released in late seventies, can also load impulses that I'm sure are floating around. It gets even better with an impulse loader, you can load any impulse response of speaker cabinets without having to convert them in addition to loading the most sought out digital reverbs in existence as well as real places and concert halls.

I'm not sure if this would be impractical because of the DSP/Cpu demand but who knows the kemper processor might still have some juice left for an impulse player.

Edited once, last by Dean_R ().

• I'd much prefer algorithmic to IR reverb. IRs are very static, unless you run a modulation algorithm in tandem, which kind of defeats the purpose. Plus, they don't capture the dynamic nature of springs.

Edited once, last by sambrox ().

• I agree, I didn't think it was worth the extra CPU load to use Impulse reverbs because it was just a matter of taste, but recently I did some impulse responses of some of my favorite patches of hardware and plugins reverb settings to consolidate patches in one IR player, and they sound/feel identical for the most part, if no one told me the dynamic is not there, it would be hard to detect it's missing, speaking for myself of course.

• The way I see it, Spring Reverb is integral to the KPA's wish list.
    You can't emulate an amp by NOT have tank reverb which is famously on so many classic amps.

Personally, I'd love to hear the "why" of it's omission. Is it exceptionally hard to implement and they are waiting until they have it right? Are there significantly different ones for classic amps that they want the ability to model them? Or maybe they really could care less and are working on some other priority? ;)

Point is, just curious. I'm quite satisfied with the KPA and this is icing. Space is probably better than Spring would be in the end, perhaps.

• I agree, I didn't think it was worth the extra CPU load to use Impulse reverbs because it was just a matter of taste, but recently I did some impulse responses of some of my favorite patches of hardware and plugins reverb settings to consolidate patches in one IR player, and they sound/feel identical for the most part, if no one told me the dynamic is not there, it would be hard to detect it's missing, speaking for myself of course.

For springs specifically though, they can never capture the splashy nature that is determined by how hard you hit the input (i.e. how hard you strike the strings).

• @skoczy

Since it is agreed this is a great sounding reverb, but is not a Spring Reverb sound, would it be a good idea to change the title of this thread?

I think it's a great idea, clearly, some might be mislead into thinking there's actually a spring reverb when there really isn't. this is definitely a nice and very appreciated tip, but the title is misleading,