Connecting Kemper to a Stereo FX Loop

• Hi. I have a new combo amp I'm connecting to the Kemper. It is different to other amps I have owned and connected to the Kemper in the sense that it has a Right and Left input under the Return FX Loop on the back of the amp. (also has right and left for Send as well) What is the correct way to connect this to the Kemper? And how do I set it in the Output menu Master Mono/Mod Mono/Master Stereo etc?

I've hooked it up like I had before from Monitor out Kemper to the return input Left but only get sound from one speaker. Do I need a Y 1/4 cable out from the Monitor input on Kemper and then Left AND Right to the Left & right Return of the Amp?

Any suggestions much appreciated!

• Unless you have a control to turn the speakers' connection into double mono, you might just use the two main outs with their default output settings (Master Stereo).
    Or, if you are not interested in going stereo, a Y-cable (3xTS) from the Monitor out will work great :)

• Unless you have a control to turn the speakers' connection into double mono, you might just use the two main outs with their default output settings (Master Stereo).
    Or, if you are not interested in going stereo, a Y-cable (3xTS) from the Monitor out will work great :)

Thanks Viabcroce. I ended up buying a 1/4 TS Y cable today and it works awesome!

• I actually tried that and it sounded a bit off. Maybe because the Cab off SIM on the Kemper is only available on the monitor out? I got the Y cable from the monitor out and its kicking now! I seen on the other thread you asked why turn the cab off if the speaker in the Mustang is "relatively" flat. I can say that on some profiles if I leave the Cab sim on it sounds like a blanket is over the amp. Not on all profiles just some. Some profiles I can't tell a difference at all if I switch it on or off. But it;s always good when the Cab sim is off so I just leave it that way. I'm still trying to fully understand how the cab driver actually works in the Kemper when set up this way and how different profiles are affected with Cab Sim off.

• The function "Monitor cab off" works only... on the Monitor out. But for an OTF test just switch the Cab button off on the main interface and see what happens :)

If I switch off the Cab button it sounds slightly muffled kinda like a blanket is over the speakers. Sounds best with Cab button off IMO.

• Could you elaborate?
    I'm suggesting to run two lines from the two main outs. Do whatever you want with the cab profile :)

Sorry misunderstood your original question. If I remember correctly when I tried it that way (turning Cabinet off/main interface ...Main outs Kemper) the profiles I tried to me sounded like they lost some of it's character. Maybe I was using the wrong type of profiles. I was trying things so many different ways I can't remember exactly what I did :) Once I got what I wanted with the monitor out and Y cable I stopped experimenting. I'll maybe try that tomorrow though because I do like the idea of stereo with some delay and chorus. Huge Pink floyd fan here (obvious from my Avatar ha) so I can space out with the best of them!

• Mateo, we are chasing each other's tail :)
    instead of using a Y-cable from Monitor out, use two cables from the Main outs. Engage a chorus and Space. That's all! I am not commenting on cabs. You can switch cab off or on regardless whether you are using either output :D