Valve Theory Profiling - upcoming p90 & hollowbody packs new demo

• Hi, I'm back on profiling& tweaking the P90 and hollow body pack, I've already excellent stuff !!

Here is a short preview ,hollow body tones are by far the most complicated tweaks I had to deal with, but I came across lots of different tones, some fantastic.

This demo shows the acoustic profiles, clean leads , all kinds of clean, pop & dirty tones.

The opening riff is a solid body on P90, the rest is a big fat hollow :) Some killer growl not available on solid bodies...

There is no mix , you'll hear some flaws but there are raw KPA tones straight to SPDIF. No post mix & external FX

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This certainly fills the gap man, thank you so much, ill have to get these soon as i pick up my Gretch white falcon in a few months.
    Will pick these up for sure my friend great sound!!

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• thx a lot , the profiles are really promising, I had another recording sessions with them, here are a few more clips, still RAW spdif at this stage , it's so clean & warm that it barely needs a mix :

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

@ashtweth : I'll provide you some specific profiles, these guitars need some careful care when it comes to choosing the right profiles, they have much more dynamic and feedback than a solid body, and such a great tone. It's stunning to go back to a solid body after playing an hollow, these poor little planks sound just like they have no inner life ;)

• Thanks so much man, it really does help every one who has not the same experience and needs to learn from your good ear and tone bro, a lot of people really need the type of detail/tweaking that this is offering and appreciate your sincere efforts, ill pick these up soon before get my Gretch to support you my friend ;) whoa didn't expect that man. THANK YOU. What a great forum and bunch of people here man

Ps picked up the single coil pack :D
    By the sounds of it, i bet when i get the hollow body Gretch it will make me neglect my other guitars.. ow well
    long as you get the good tone in the end right? :)

sincerely
    Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• Hi , no pb mate , it's always a pleasure to explore new horizon and provide some good rigs/profiles to other guitarists. It's true that lots of people don't have time & will to tweak their own rigs, or profile their amps, not a real problem as we're flood with quality profiles.

I was was on tone quest for my own guitars & amps, but 2 years experience in profiling & tweaking, and the merging algorithm led me to really good results after lots of tests. Involving myself in a commercial project forced me myself to got on another level and professionalize my work : evening the levels, harmonize my packs, give a great array of tones for recording or live, choosing the rigs FXs for each rigs, tagging, documenting, setting some naming conventions ...

The hollowbody pack is a long range project of mine, I always had difficulties to find the right profiles for this kind of guitar ( I mean the real hollows, not the semis) due to booming problems, lack of warmth, frequency balance and so on. I'm still not totally done, but I've got some great stuff coming as you can hear in the demos. On this pack I'll use another 70's Italian tube head that is perfect for this purpose, as well as my little AMT preamp. Some profiles will be 'acoustic' ones , I did use the direct preamp mode without CAB or CAB sim , just like you would plug a guitar direct to console. They are really interesting since they really transpose the dry luthery of the guitar and it's impact on the tone without 'cheats' or over-tweaking .

The rest of the profiles will cover most territory offered by hollow guitars : rock'n roll , blues, jazz stomping , jazz finger play, clean 'pop' stuff,warm cleans, dry cleans, funk tones, all kind of crunches ( from slight breakup to cranked), driven tones : rhythm & lead, specific lead tones (typical 70's leads, Santana, jazz rock tones...).

Will you White Falcon have single coil pickups ? I will provide some 'single coil on hollow' rigs, since I've got both guitar types at home.