New from Wymondham Norfolk Pt2 - Firmware Update Straight Away??

• Hi all,
    Kemper arriving tomorrow 8/12/15...slight change of plan, I cancelled my order with Kemper direct as Andertons had one last one in stock and they can do it next day...so tomorrow it is!! (I'm sure Kemper will cancel my order??....ummm, if not looks like I'll have a back up rig!!)

Main question at this early stage, should I do a firmware update (if required) immediately before doing anything else or just play and get used to the unit for a few weeks...I assume one of the first things to do when it arrives is register it and download 'rig manager' and see what that does?

I'm more excited than I should be for a 40 sumthin, that much I do know. Heres hoping!!
    Niall

• Congratulations on your imminent arrival :) I would also consider perusing some of the commercially available profiles sooner rather than later to see just how phenomenal your new baby can be. Not that the stock profiles are bad, they're not, there are some corkers in there. But the bar is capable of being raised quite a bit further. Looking forward to hearing your first impressions :)

• Hey thanks guys, great link from meambobbo, especially for a newbie like me to Kemper.
    I'm used to the L6 way of doing things on the Pro HD...thought briefly about getting a Helix??...but decided that everyone seems to be going Kemper, Raoul of Floating Greyhounds uses one (so thats good enough for me!!) and the Amp Factory stuff (I've heard peoples clips etc) sounds amazing! So looking fwd to spending some more money!!....Well its Christmas and I think I've been a good boy this year!?....goes without saying I'll be hiding all this stuff from the good lady! :thumbup: (she's used to it bless)
    Niall

• Hey thanks guys, great link from meambobbo, especially for a newbie like me to Kemper.
    I'm used to the L6 way of doing things on the Pro HD...thought briefly about getting a Helix??...but decided that everyone seems to be going Kemper, Raoul of Floating Greyhounds uses one (so thats good enough for me!!) and the Amp Factory stuff (I've heard peoples clips etc) sounds amazing! So looking fwd to spending some more money!!....Well its Christmas and I think I've been a good boy this year!?....goes without saying I'll be hiding all this stuff from the good lady! :thumbup: (she's used to it bless)
    Niall

Start with Pack 10 (the most recent and final pack) and you won't really need anything else.

Niall

That's so kind Niall :) I couldn't be happier with my tone even when I had the vetta I was never 100% satisfied but I am now. like Sam said pack 10 is excellent my favourite pack of all is The Marshall Pack from TAF some great JCM800's in there aswell as other great Marshalls. I use the JCM800 from this pack live. What kind of music are you going to mostly play on your KPA this will help with what profiles ya might want to buy :)

• Thanks Raoul,
    Well not off to the best start...epic fail in fact, Kemper just turned up...literally minutes ago, no footswitch and the LED screen broken (black spread of doom)... :( oh well, chin up...that can go back to Andertons (thats already sorted!) and I'll place another order direct with Kemper (that will probably confuse them as I only cancelled it with them yesterday to go with Andertons!)...ummmm.

Cant be helped, not the end of the world.

Anyway Raoul, I play in a little tin pot out fit call the Guilty, classic rock covers mainly of which I use the EVH 5150iii red channel, gain on 2-3 o'clock...and this is my main rhythm sound for pretty much everything...ummm subtle!! Pubs really and 4x12cab...so I guess I'll be looking at EVH samples first, but I'm totally open minded, if it sounds good then it sounds good, will be checking out the amp factory final bundle...are they calling it a day??

Niall

• Awww that sucks! Courier fail?

• Hi Guys,
    No not courier fail (i think it was an Andertons fail, looks like it was already a return to them which they just sent back out!)

Cheers Raoul, you'll be old by the time we get out gigging again Lol...(singer issues, now just got another guy on board but that will take a while) easier for me to come and see you guys again (always a pleasure) so I'll check out where you are and come and see you soon.

Niall

• Good luck with getting it sorted, I got mine from Andertons as well. It's funny that you mention starting with what you know, that was my plan as well but once you get the Kemper up and running with some good rigs you'll be spoilt for choice. I purchased the TAF bundle 1 as a deal with the Kemper and I too have favoured a couple of the Marshall rigs for heavier sounds, the JCM800 and TSL are good and seem a lot more open than many of the others. My favourite clean tone is from Fender Bassman. That's all with testing at home so far, maybe that will all change after rehearsal in Norwich this week, we will see!

What I've done is to create a performance for each amp with a range of sounds from clean to lead as well as a selection of effects and boosts (accessible from the remote) that remain constant across all performances, I'm hoping that will allow me to audition all the amps and see what works best in a live setup.