List of Songs and belonging amps

• As a player in a Cover Band, I often search for the specific used amp of a song.
    I think about creating a list of songs featuring the original used amps on it.
    Are there users who would help me to fill/complete the list?
    If there are enough people who help me, I will create the list, will update it and will post it on the internet for free!

• i's a nice idea, however album versions are often the result of a complex mix (multi-amped/multi-tracked/comped/EQed/FXed...) so a single amp profile won't be enough to mimic this kind of tone. Isolated guitar tracks may sound weak on their own but great in the mix. Amps in a given model will also sound different from one serial to another. Guitar choice and style of the player also enter the recipe, so it will be complicated to handle all this variables ...

It would be better to get a full rig with the right amp and a good FX choice, but tailored for live.

I thinks Maurizio on this forum has done lots of work regarding matching band/song tones, check his archive.

• Hey Waraba, hey Ingolf, both of you are right!
    Of course it is not possible to play a song live exactly with the same sound that the song was recorded in a studio.
    And of course the specific style of playing is important for the sound of the song.
    But having a list could be helpful, especially when the amps on the list are matching for the live situation.
    It could be one (or the first) step to play a cover song the way it should be.
    Hopefully you understand what I want to express (English is not my native language).