Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree - hot spiced wine based hard rock cover ;)

• Ok, last year we had so much fun recording a christmas tune that we decided to do it once more. ;)
    Ingredients this year were lots of hot spiced wine, beer, a nice single malt and having a good time just hanging out and make some music...

Everything is recorded in our rehearsal room, our drummer has got a new set of drum shells so we could test it out a little bit. :)

Every string instrument is a Kemper profile.
    I've used a SinMix Friedman profile (SinMix Friedman BE 42) for everything and also tried it for a little bit growly grunge on the bass. Worked really nice on this. I've combined it with one of the clean Ampegs from SinMix. Because my Hetfield EMGs are a little bit overpowered at the moment I had to lower the gain a little bit.
    Overall I wish that I could mix the bass a little bit warmer but I'm just workin on setting up my mixing room. Until that it is a little bit difficult to mix the right amount of bass, especially in combination with the guitar. I'm not so happy with the snare sound, I had a very good setup with SM57 top and Audix I5 at the bottom but for some reasons I switched them and I couldn't get the Audix to work good on top with this special snare.

So I hope you enjoy this one. : )

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Rocks definitely :thumbup:

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Thanks for your kind words :) We also used this recording also for checking out some drum settings and sounds for our upcoming EP. But I try to choose Kemper sounds like I would with microphone and amp. I found out for me, it's good to have the option for reamping but if I can commit to a sound I try to keep it because there was something inspiring playing with it so perhaps I don't need to change it and just live with it like it is. :)
    Ok... this doesn't work anytime but I try to work like this in the future. :) Less drum replacements and less reamping orgies. ;)