I wonder what will be announced at Winter Namm 2016

• Hi all,

My guess...(now updated 19 Jan)

- Spring reverb and maybe other reverb types
    - Computer based editor
    - extra delay in stomp slot (mod slot)
    - remote control of any/multiple parameters (button hold and exp pedal)

Not based on anything, but intuition and the general noise in this forum. Mind you, I had no idea of what came in 3.0 or 3.2.

What do you guys think?

• My head would say spring reverb and stomp delays, maybe a few new remote features. For something big a revision of the fx section would be amazing, just a bit more flexibility and models of more well known stomps would be cool. It would be great to have stomp presets that have controls that match the pedals controls so using stomps was more similar to a traditional setup.

• My head would say spring reverb and stomp delays, maybe a few new remote features. For something big a revision of the fx section would be amazing, just a bit more flexibility and models of more well known stomps would be cool. It would be great to have stomp presets that have controls that match the pedals controls so using stomps was more similar to a traditional setup.

The design of the Kemper assumes that you have DELAY after the amp, the button is named DELAY, so placing delay anywhere else is against the design
    [Blocked Image: http://s27.postimg.org/8mb420vjn/dly.jpg]

• I'm betting on updates to the delay first, as @ckemper revealed they were intending to work on it some time back. After that, I'm hoping for spring reverb and the expansion of parameters able to be controlled by expression pedals connected to the Remote. An updated univibe-type effect wouldn't go amiss either. However, I don't think they'll be aiming to announce something like effect updates at Namm. For me, it seems more likely that they'll announce things like this when they're close to being released, not necessarily waiting for a trade show. An occasion like that would be more suited to a bigger reveal, like FW3.0 and the Remote at last years.

• Well, I suppose there isn't a big history of namm announcements, but they will have to talk about something new and I don't think pure cabinet is enough. And neither is spring reverb.

• Right, historically speaking Kemper is not a company to rely on trade shows for announcements.
    In my experience they use them to show off the profiler's awesomeness.
    This will not get them flashy MIPA awards for years to come of course but they will continue to sink in as a company that is going for the long run.

• I an not sure, if they really wait for such events to publish me features...
    But maybe.
    In that case, I would hope for an editor...

id imagine that if there is no editor this far along and with it asked for numerous times that there seems to be no plans for one.

• i guess im not following. and i know nothing about programming.whats wrong with just improving on rig manager. it can already read and send some information. addind the ability to tweak effects and some other parameters would go a long way with me.

• Even comunity projects can...
    I am sure kemper is working on it. They listen to their customers.
    But we also all know, that they will not release something they are not convinced off. And we know, that they are - sometimes - slow and have limited manpower...

• Skoczy made some good points in his thesis.

The obvious way around those "pitfalls", if you could call them that (really just programming challenges), is to allow editing of the amp, cab and FX parameters contained within the KPA's buffer, but not to allow switching of the amps or cabs (IRs and Profiles) themselves. Most could live with this limitation, I suspect, but knowing Christophe (I don't actually, but I subscribe to his modus operandi), the team will likely concoct a method through which one could switch amps, cabs and FX presets in similar fashion to how one would do so on the unit itself, from within the editor. That would be ideal, the Holy Grail, so to speak, IMHO, and of course YMMV.

IMHO, the announcement of an editor would qualify for a NAMM revelation moreso than a spring reverb, although the announcement of a general revamp of FX would be "news" too, IMHO. Editor + FX revamp = Pretty big news, IMHO, and would be awesome!

I reckon a Kemper 2 lol Only joking guys :)

Don't say that! LOL Statements like this are verboten in Jungleville and indeed in Kemperland.

• I think, being able to switch cabs is very requested feature, since much part of the sound is in the cab. No doubts about that :)