FR: Change Pending Mode's behaviour

• The manual says that in Pending Mode "the Profiler will wait until you hit one of the five Rig buttons".

This seems to not be entirely true, since if I don't press any slot switch the system reverts to the previous Performance in about 5".

I tried to find a use for this behaviour (provided it's not a bug) but was not able to. It seems to me that it just gets in the way, sometimes at rehearsals I am reflecting about what slot to activate and the Performance is switched back.

In case there's a convenience I've yet not found, could it be possible to allow the user to switch the auto-reverse (LOL) off in the system menu?

• Yes, please change this!
    I'm completely with viabcroce here, the actual behavior is useless for me and very uncomfortable. Often, when we change the setlist spontaneous, I have to reach a performance 40 steps away, and when I'm not fast enough in choosing the right slot, I have to do it all again. So when I'm there, the first verse is already over. (Needless to say, my band is not very happy with this neither. (Is this correct English?))
    So another very big +1 here!

• An option to switch it off, or to select a longer amount of time

I'd definitely prefer to switch it off, Paul. I have different songs on several performances, and sometime we have to choose among them. It can take more than 5" and...

Often, when we change the setlist spontaneous, I have to reach a performance 40 steps away, and when I'm not fast enough in choosing the right slot, I have to do it all again.

... exactly this.

On a side note guys, let's use the "Like". This is what the Crew pays most attention too, they said.

• I can see, that this "auto-return" feature can be helpful when you accidentally switched to another bank.
    So you don't have to do anything to get back to your previous bank.
    But when you try to pre-select the bank for the next song the "return-time" should be much longer.
    So an option to select the "return-time" would be really great.
    On the other hand, simply turning off this feature would be ok for me, too.

• I believe an optional switch would be the best solution.

I had thought of the performance switched by mistake. If the rig selection is "pending" tho, nothing happens to your current sound. The only issue might be if you need another slot from the performance before you have the time to go back. But usually if you make such a mistake you shouldn't be more than one click away from the right location.

OTOH, this kind of accident has never occurred to me, it seems that the related switches are on the farer row and hard to be pushed by mistake... So the option to switch the auto-reverse off might meet everyone's needs. Sure, the possibility to preset the suspension time would be great, provided that you have the option to set it to infinite: there are times that I just want to reach a performance and consider it in order to determine what to do w/o having my current sound affected. For a medley, for example
    :)

• So an option to select the "return-time" would be really great.

Seem to me a good proposal. :thumbup:

To reach a performance 40 steps away could be solved by holding the push button for a certain time, so the step number running in the chosen direction as long you hold.
    At the moment it's faster to change performances direct at KPA with the browser button, if you are close enough.

keep rockin' Harry (One thumb in the first post is mine ;) )

Edited 2 times, last by Sharry ().

• OTOH, this kind of accident has never occurred to me, it seems that the related switches are on the farer row and hard to be pushed by mistake... So the option to switch the auto-reverse off might meet everyone's needs. Sure, the possibility to preset the suspension time would be great, provided that you have the option to set it to infinite: there are times that I just want to reach a performance and consider it in order to determine what to do w/o having my current sound affected. For a medley, for example

I have to agree with you. I don't really remember if this has already happened to me and it is correct that you are just one tap away from your previous performance when such an accident happens.
    So i would reconsider my previous statement and think, that the option to turn it off would be the best way to handle this problem.
    The option to select the "return-time" could then be an extra on top.

Please correct me if this wasn't proper english ^^