Maybe a tip for you for recording and the amp in the room vibe

• Hi guys,

Maybe the set up I have running now is usable for any of you.

I have a setup which gives me an amp in the room sound, because, uh, there actually is ;)

I wanted to get more air moving during recordings. So besides going from the KPA out the main outs to the DAW, I also go monitor out to a tube poweramp and 2x12 cab. This way it feels like I am playing live, which for me is the best vibe.

• Dear Michael

It seems that you are doing exactly what I would like to do, can you please help me sorting out the connections and settings?

I would need the Kemper (I have the powerrack) to go to my 4x12 cabinet and simultaneously to feed my computer in order to record what I am playing.

So question is, how do I connect the units, and how do I manage to have the cabinet function disabled for the speaker output to the cabinet, but enabled for the connection to the computer?

Thanks!!

Richy

• Sure thing!

The main out of the KPA go into my interface (L+R), so I get the full processed sound. Main mix Stereo mode in output menu, I believe . I also run the direct out to another input of my interface to record the dry signal (for reamping, think its Guitar Studio as mode in output menu). I go to another preamp, but in your case the Direct Out should go to your power amp (since it's a powered kpa this is probably not needed at all). The poweramp you connect to your cab. In the output menu on one of the pages you have an option (top left of the screen) to turn the cabs off for only the monitor out.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Michael

• Thx for the tip, I often use this solution at home to get a better 'guitar cab' feel , but I fount you need some specific rigs for this purpose : it won't give the best results out of the box.

not all rigs will sound great on the CAB and vice versa , so I took some specific tweaks, and it's ok now. The hard part is finding the rig that will sound as great on the DAW (easy part) but as good on the real amp cab ( CAB off).

• Thx for the tip, I often use this solution at home to get a better 'guitar cab' feel , but I fount you need some specific rigs for this purpose : it won't give the best results out of the box.

not all rigs will sound great on the CAB and vice versa , so I took some specific tweaks, and it's ok now. The hard part is finding the rig that will sound as great on the DAW (easy part) but as good on the real amp cab ( CAB off).

Yes. I dial in a sound that's best for recording and then just add a little volume of the power amp side to give more balls in the room. It's only a way to help me get more into the vibe, which works fine for me with most rigs, really. I basically only use the profiles by Bert Meulendijk and Guido Bungenstock, and they work great like this.

• I would think Monitor out, but maybe that's different with a powered unit?