MixBerlin Profiles - Really Good!

• I have to say, those guys are pretty cool. I exchanged some emails with them about their summing mixer and they seemed super personable. I LOVE the recorded sound of the Recto they have but yes, for 2 or 3 profiles, $10 is a little steep in comparison to other retailers that are offering 7X that for the same price at very good quality.

However, I am no one to put a price on another persons time or efforts. I wish them luck.

• Price is a relative decision.

The right amp for a present situation, be it live or recording? Essentially under $11 for the on the money amp is not a bad deal to me.

Here again, it depends if the profile meet what you want to hear.

I think these bring no technical issues that have been "baked in". I don't hear any string separation issues and think it's a song by song taste decision in the end.

I hear some that could be just right for four minutes use in a four minute song. Lots of profiles don't have that going for them.

As these seem to have been with good gear and a a good ear for fitting in a live or recorded mix?

The money is not a big deal if the sonic results work for you..

When I was reliant on "real" amps to get good results I would pass on some amps that were nice to use as the musical situation might be limited when some amps would be needed. Because of this I would rent some amp types for studio use but stick to one or two that cover most of the tonal palette I needed to do live gigs.

The Mixberlin profiles are not a situation where I's buy them all, but I think all that they have done are done well and are a good captures of amps that will be right in particular situations for a particular taste. I'll be interested to hear their future offerings.

Their AC30. for instance, is very representative of why the amp works in a number of situations. It's an amp I know which benefits from multi micing. The offering they have are limited but the what they have offered is quite good and not that commonly found.

Absolutely good that folks share what they think. Not every profile seller is going to suit every buyer.

I like the presentations Mixberlin has for their profiles. I think some of what they have so far is well justified in the pricing. Such deals are, as I said, relative equations.

• It's hardly optimistic pricing. £1,000-£2,300 amp going through a £3000 pre-amp with around £350 worth of microphones plus all the years of their experience? £4350-£5650 worth of stuff and £10 is too much for 3 profiles?

I get that everyone is used to the cheap prices but maybe everyone is charging too little?

• I think the point is the price for the amount of profiles.
    2-3 profiles may not cover a lot of ground in what an amp can do.
    It may cover ONE heavy, lead and clean sound
    This may not be a lot of variety for different guitars and sounds
    COMPARED to other vendors who will give you 2-3 versions of say a clean sound etc.

If you only want one heavy sound and one clean sound (seems like a waste of an amp to me)
    Then he is selling the best "sweet spot" for that amp.
    Most may be of the opinion that they need a variety of settings to please every one and find the sweet spot (s).

Imagine doing only 2-3 profiles of the Mesa Mark IV, you can get many sounds from it and could be selling the amp short.
    But this is not the point.

He has found a few sweet spots i guess and is selling his version of one sweet spot for each sound (lead, clean etc)
    I am just posting this to give some advice to vendors to say that the more variety they give in their profiles ...
    this will amount to attracting a wider audience :)

Also €9.99 is not ten bucks its more than that ^^
    Euros = more "bucks"

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Has anyone ordered from these guys? I placed an order a couple hours ago. Received a couple sales receipts, but still no download link or profiles.

Anyone know their order process?

• Wasn't sure what to make of these. The JCM 800 sounded really nice, but the EVH's had that fizzy, grainy artifact crappiness all over it.

• I like the demo of the EVH (for what it is) but haven't bought yet. I did get their Clean pack which I like...could use more profiles/options but it's their model (sort of like Guido but more pricey).

• Yeah I got their Recto set some time ago. Didn't care for it once I downloaded it. I agree also, cost per profile didn't deliver for me.

• Hey guys,
    thanks for discussing our profiles. Some of what you guys mentioned is exactly our philosophy.
    Nevertheless we try to develop and give a bit more profiles for the price,while still maintaining quality.
    For us it is not important to have 100+ profiles where the musician and producer have to go trial and error to find something that works.
    Every profile we made is in daily use for our production work ;)

We have put some effort into this new pack which contains a bit more options. 8o
    https://youtu.be/yH2aEzsRwYU

Tell me what you think.

Best
    Hannes @mixberlin

• I am sorry to say this but I bought their "million dollar clean sounds" and they sound awful. First they have 7 rigs which should have been 9 (they advertise 9) and they all sound exactly the same and awful !!!!! total waste of 10 Euros (15$)