Solo Boost

• One of the things I love about the Remote is that it manages to do (just about) everything I want it to do, but with such a small footprint. Previously, I was using a Voodoo Lab Ground Control, with expression pedals, tuner, wah etc., and while I was happy with the functionality of it, it just took up SO much room.
    However, one downside of the Remote's small footprint is that the footswitches are a tiny but close together, so I occasionally hit two at once. For example, I've assigned a solo boost to switch IIII and sometimes I accidentally hit the tuner as well, so I mute the signal when I'm supposed to be taking a solo!
    I know I'll get used to this, but I wondered how other users are setting up their Remote for a solo boost.

• For example, I've assigned a solo boost to switch IIII and sometimes I accidentally hit the tuner as well, so I mute the signal when I'm supposed to be taking a solo!

To avoid this problem my tuner is not set to mute.
    To tune the guitar during performance, I had to go to the KPAto set on/off the mute mode.
    For the Looper button (same problem) I do not have a solution yet. But as long you don't change rig or performance you can continue to play without interruption.
    You have to leave Looper mode with pressing looper button again.
    Not really comfortable, as I am not a experienced step dance performer.

But on the other hand the dimension of remote are handsame and compact to transport that i'm not sure to wish a bigger device. For the moment I can life with the situation.
    Hope it will be better, when I'm more common with the remote. (Maybe I start work out step dance. ;) )

stay tuned but not muted :) - Harry

• You might also consider a very small external switch :)

I think this might be the best solution. I searched for a non-latching switch with a latching LED (Otherwise I would forget to turn the boost off!) and I have found someone making them in the UK, so I think I will do this. It also frees up the switch assigned to Boost so that I can now use it for something else.

• There are very small 2- or 4-switch pedals, someone published them here and yes, they were from the UK. Since you are at it buy the latter... You'll be able to do a lot more ;)

I can post some link if you need :)

• That first link returns a "Server Not Found" error every time I try it.

As for the SoundSculpture link, I'm quite familiar with their products, and to the best of my knowledge they do not make anything in the way of switches that would be applicable for the OPs intended use.

• The first link worked for me.

If it's of interest to anyone, I found this:
    http://www.brightonion.co.uk/m…switch-with-latching-led/
    Whilst looking specifically for a momentary footswitch with a latching LED. It's a shame it's only a single foot switch but I though I might ask whether they would be prepared to make a double. I know there are plenty of foot switches available without LEDs but I know I will forget to turn it off in the heat of the moment.

• I put a plastic tube over my looper button to keep from accidently stepping on it as I don't use it live, and don't need anymore embarrassing looper problems

• Weird. That link wouldn't work at the office, but now that I'm home it works just fine. Go figure, but getting back to external switches, here's something that might be of interest:

I just bought a TC-Helicon Switch 6 today for $60 USD, including shipping. Nice compact size and 6 momentary switches (I verified with TC). Considering the cost of multiple 2-button foot switches, it's pretty much a wash cash-wise. I plan to install two more TRS jacks on the back and then wire two switches per jack. It'll fit quite nicely on my pedal board (Pedaltrain PT-2) just below my Remote.

• I just wrapped a rubber band around the looper button, problem solved, and did the same for the tuner. I don't really need it right in front of me, and I certainly don't want more external switches and pedals - that's why I got the KPA in the first place, well part of the reason. When I need to tune, which really isn't very often during a gig, I just mute the KPA tuner mode between songs. If I felt I might need to tune more often I could just remove the tuner's rubber band before the gig and unmute the KPA.

I DO use switch IIII for boost on all my rigs, so it's always an option, and I never have to wonder where to find it or even look at the colors.

Gary ô¿ô