Digital Chatter

• I've just noticed digital chatter at a low level on every profile, it's particularly bad on high gain ones, like a bad 8 bit sample fading out. I don't think it's been there before but now it's very noticeable on the tail of every sound. I've done a system reset but it's still there. Thoughts?

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• I've just noticed digital chatter at a low level on every profile, it's particularly bad on high gain ones, like a bad 8 bit sample fading out. I don't think it's been there before but now it's very noticeable on the tail of every sound. I've done a system reset but it's still there. Thoughts?

Can you record a sample, please?

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Are you connected Kemper <SPDIF> Interface <USB> Laptop? I have similar chatter while my power adapter for laptop is plugged in, when I'm on battery i'ts gone. Can you hear the same chatter when unplugging the interface from laptop? Can you hear it on headphones plugged into Kemper (Kemper not connected to interface)?

• It's connected via the main outs to my Apogee Duet and Logic. It still rattles with the headphones connected to the headphone output of the KPA. I unplugged everything, turned off the headphone space and it was still there. I then tried moving the KPA to a different mains in the house where it disappeared to be replaced by the sound on a previous thread. It obviously reappeared when I moved the KPA back and plugged everything back in.

• It's connected via the main outs to my Apogee Duet and Logic. It still rattles with the headphones connected to the headphone output of the KPA. I unplugged everything, turned off the headphone space and it was still there. I then tried moving the KPA to a different mains in the house where it disappeared to be replaced by the sound on a previous thread. It obviously reappeared when I moved the KPA back and plugged everything back in.

Which thread?

Sounds like when the signal picks up interference from a computer monitor to me.