Annoyed by long Thread Titles?

• I agree on pretty much all on here. - its getting crazy.. i visit the Commercial section less and less now, its like a dogfight there now..!! - a lot of commercial sellers are getting desperate too. by spamming other threads with the typical "buy me" thing. that is really poor and needs to stop!, this is another reason why I decided to stop making new profiles (for the time being) - as its getting out of hand, and its not (nor has it ever been) my character to spam and be aggressive in strategy!. - and today, that seems to be the norm, sadly!..

But ya know.. apparently if you own a mic and a few amps you can make a new store!..and that aint no sunshine in my book!.

• I've never particularly enjoyed long a** thread titles, but it's not something that bugs me to the point where I can't visit the forum.
    On a desktop most of the time though, and not on a pad or smartphone, I can see why it would be a bit of a pita on those.

I dunno, I've never bought into the "the louder you scream the better your product" mentality, on all kind of levels.
    Quality always stands out one way or another, and there are certainly a lot of ways to promote your product.
    Some are more aggressive than others, but every vendor appeals to a different crowd. So as long as it's not borderline spamming I don't have that much of a problem with it, from a consumer perspective mostly.

I'd be careful with the elitism talk though.
    I bet everyone started with not a lot more than one amp and mic at some point, so that shouldn't be an indicator at how good of a quality profiles are gonna be.
    And thankfully everyone can decide for himself if he wants to buy something or not.
    So I wouldn't be too upset with more variety at the end of the day. Sure it gets a bit tougher to look through new stuff, but chances are you're gonna find more stuff you like as well. Or not and you keep on looking.

Guitartone is a journey after all, as most of us know. So it never really ends anyway ;)

just my 2 cents.

• As a seller of commercial profiles (A/M Audio), this drives me crazy...it's kinda confusing too. But what drives me even crazier is the constant bumping of threads so they stay at the top of page 1. I don't do that and won't do that. I respect the other sellers that just let their profiles do the talking for them. No need to constantly do these things if the product is good. JMO.