FAS-FX Plugin

• I saw posted that Fractal created a Reverb plugin of it's reverbs. ($199) but their website seems to have removed it.

But on their forum people posted they like it. I really liked their reverbs when I had their unit and I think they said it has a Spring Reverb in it as well.

Yes, I said "Spring Reverb". So tell me know, Kemper, IF I can expect a Spring Reverb at NAMM so I don't buy this thing prematurely! ;)

It's a good move on their part. They are known for stellar effects. If they can replicate this via plugins, they have a side business that is smart branching business-wise.

Kemper might do the same for some of it's revolutionary effects...

• My guess is that it was a precursor to a full AxeFx plugin maybe? Plus if it's a universal bypass for ilok then anything can be cracked. It's a premium plugin so it's at risk and if it can't be protected then there is no point developing it.

It's all a guess anyway so who knows :)

• If so I guess it's a good point that FAS isn't creating newer versions. When you nail a reverb, it's done.

The question is, what do other amp sim plugin companies use for security (I haven't kept up with them)

• IN an interview Cliff said that they wouldn't do a plugin until they could ensure it wouldn't be pirated. Perhaps the Reverb plugin was dipping their toes in the water as a test. I haven't followed the story, but if the FAS plugin was using iLok2 and it was cracked, AND that's why they pulled the plugin, then I suppose it validates their decision to not release a full AxeFX plugin.