Best Profiles For Funk Music?

• Can anyone recommend a few profiles, free or otherwise, that you think are the absolute best for funk music? I need high quality profiles that also work well with a PRS type (actually a Schecter C1-Classic Diamond series) guitar. I know that, in order to get 100% that 70's funk sound, it would be ideal to use a strat. Call me lazy, but I ain't bringing two axes, and switching between them like a mad man, to a gig. Screw that! :)

Thanks!

• theres a couple of redplate amp profiles on rig exchange that i use for a few 70's funk stuff. also i just purchased the burt muelendijk profiles . it has a great soldono clean on it.also a couple of fuch profiles i use on rig exchange. hope that helps.

• theres a couple of redplate amp profiles on rig exchange that i use for a few 70's funk stuff. also i just purchased the burt muelendijk profiles . it has a great soldono clean on it.also a couple of fuch profiles i use on rig exchange. hope that helps.

Could you provide the names of those profiles, please? The ones from Rig Exchange.

• "fuchs ods50 cln" is one of them. and "redplate cds2 bf dirt" and "redplate cds2 bf clean" i think the dirt one was one that i modified and named it. i put a distortion in the stomp section for a little hair.

• Go go fenders ! Enhance the trebles and remove some of the basses, with a higher clarity & definition setting.

Alternatively, I've done funk profiles in both my single coil & humbucker pack. The humbucker one have a great James Brown vibe ,

check a funk demo here :

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Did anybody CREATE some kemper rigs x that funky Wah/touch wah you listened in the old policeman telefilms? Some nice warm sounds with wah , phaser, compressor, ........ can u please indicate me how ro find ? Or upload them?

• Did anybody CREATE some kemper rigs x that funky Wah/touch wah you listened in the old policeman telefilms? Some nice warm sounds with wah , phaser, compressor, ........ can u please indicate me how ro find ? Or upload them?

I change my FXs on the fly when recording , and on each take , so that would make dozens of profile to upload for this single track.

I much prefer the live FX approach where you change your settings as you play & record for a given aim :

for instance :

the funk chords have short verb , no delay , AC 15 trebly profile ( mister may free on rig ex ) , cocked wah ( full treble ) on an already super trebly guitar ( P90 ) . Sounds complex, but it's not , the KPA is meant to be tweaked.

Leads have the same treament , but with my fuzz pedal in front , so I cannot profile this chain.

About the wah : it's not auto wah but played in 3 different manners on a cry baby KPA preset :

shakak style ( muted notes , strong & fast foot work )

leads ( parked or variable )

trem style ( super fast vibrato with the foot )

you can't really automatize this , but work your technique ... easy for me as I was born in 71 when all radio hits had some wah parts ^^