[ Valve Theory ] - Hollow body pack is finally available !

• The long awaited hollow body pack is ready !

>>> CHECK IT HERE <<<

DEMO rigs available here

This pack was carefully crafted for Semi Hollow body, full hollow or archtop and jazz guitars. It's not essential to have this kind of guitar to enjoy the pack, but I really advice you to get the single coil or HB pack if you only have solid bodied guitars.

Archtop are really special and quite difficult to match regarding profiles, but that was my main purpose for this pack, and I feel that It's the only commercial pack dedicated to these singular guitars.

here are the full notes that come with the pack :

This pack includes 18 profiles , 3 signature rigs and the 8 direct profiles.

The profiles you'll get out of this pack come from my personal collection and INTENSE tweaking, I always had trouble to get the right tones out of my hollows, this pack is the solution ! As usual I use my thrusty SS11 AMT and my magic JTM30 CAB. Don't get fooled by the fact that I only used an AMT for profiling : this little box will not only cover most classic amps tones but was also the best tool I could find for getting a real amp feel while getting the miking out of the equation. Lots of users from the previous packs reported the real amp feel I'm talking about, not fount on lots of commercial profiles.

The tone ranges from acoustic preamp (no cab) to Izzy Stradlin kind of tone, with all the intermediate tones you can imagine. All these tones will suite clean,pop,country,blues,funk,jazz,jazz-rock,rock'n roll,rock & hard rock...

Cleans & crunches were particularly crafted to enhance the great harmonic & dynamic range fount on archtop guitars. They will also suit solid bodies quite well: single coiled & P90 , while a bit more generic on HB.

leads are very fun on a hollow, and they should not catch up too much feedback.

To get the most of these pack adjust you input sense to your hollow. (mine was set at -6 for clean sense and 4 Dist sense) I also use the pure cab @ 3.

It is a good idea to UNLOCK all pre & post FX , verbs, delays to get a real idea of the tones & ambiance I crafted.

Most rigs have an EQ and a comp available if you ever need more clarity, less boominess or cut the mix a bit more.

I hope you enjoy these, that was really a silly amount of work ;)

Now let's talk about the rigs themselves, in ascending gain order :

acoustic 1&2 : preamp style profiles, no cab , really good for strumming & arpeggios, with lots of enhancements available on the fx side (12 strings, widener, adapted chorus...)

clean : an all around clean, ready to be tweaked with classic FXs

clean.funk : classic dry funk tones, and cool FXs like a dist for leads.

clean.superbrite : this one is very close to a fender champ, a bit dry and lacking of body, but with that typical pleasant jangle, records and stacks very well on mixes.

clean.bright : a great clean for live or recording , very open & clear with a great gain course. Lots of FX to suit most situations.

clean.rich : the one jazz players will love, very warm and extremely sensitive to attack & guitar volume, the kind of rig that let you control your tone just by your attack. It also has a fantastic gain course, so you'll achieve creamy leads very easily. Huge tone arsenal at your disposal ! My personal favorite

crunch : all around classic crunch tone with lots of jangle,like a cranked blonde fender). The harmonizer on stomp A will enhance the jangle to Led Zep territory.

crunch.dirty : dirtier than the previous one, best used on single coils and P90 for maximal jangle. cool gain course

drive.dirty : marshall JTM crunch like with a great guitar volume pot sensitivity. The long delay acts as a shimmer pad tool.

crunch.higain : this one is for crafted for stoner rock, transparent drive for rhythm parts with a muff on stomp C. and a widener post FX

drive.chordal : similar to the previous one but best used for chords with majestic dirty vibe.

drive : the classic tube drive cranked amp tone , with all the desired traits we love : warm, sensitive to guitar volume & attack, great gain course ... A great platform for tweaks & pedals that adapts to most guitar, whatever PU you'll use.

lead.dist : classic distorded lead, for all kinds of pickups, wih 4 different dist. stomps for different colors (use 1 at a time).

lead.fuzz : while it's a bit darker and bodier than the previous, you'll have lots of fuzz pedals at your disposal for stoner rock leads, use one at a time !

drive.chordal.lead : directly tweaked tailored from the rhythm one, it shows how tweakable my profiles are : punchy and tight, while retaining some clarity.

lead.dirty : the lead tone with my favorite recti shaper stomp, for instant dirty & slightly fuzzy lead that will make your guitar scream.

lead.tight : super tight & punchy tone, both for leads or heavy rhythm parts, with a typical boogie vibe.

Bonus signature tones : these ones were tweaked from the previous ones with one clear aim : mimic the most desirable rock tones you'll find among semi hollow guitar masters : YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED a semi hollow to get the right tone !!!

crunch.Izzy : the fantastic tone from Izzy Stradlin on AFD album, roll of guitar volume to 3 for rhythm and crank it up to heavy and lead tone. Use one of the 2 available stomps for better mix cutting tones on live or recording.

drive.Malcolm : classic dirty ACDC rhythm tone with a transparent drive and lots of sustain, also sensitive to guit. volume . You'll hear all your strings on this one. 3 dist & drive pedals for leads.

drive.GTgood : reducing guitar vol. pot is MANDATORY on this one ! For rock'n roll rhythm part à la Georges Thorogood on ES 125. Add the dist pedal or crank guit. volume for leads. Bad to the bone :)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well done my friend as usual, a good testament to the diversity of the kemper, there is some thing for EVERY ONE...,well we know now thanks to efforts like yours Bruh well done and THANK YOU.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Well, thanks a lot ! remember these are really tailored for hollow bodied guitars , so they will sound better on this type of guitars.

However I had some solid body tests yesterday evening and I've had excellent results with single coils too and that's really good news, this collection is highly inspirationnal . I'll try to provide some demo profiles that will suit most guitars too, but the big bad mojo will come out a real hollow.

R

• Sorry Michael, I got to fine tune them a little bit more and then they'll go to beta testing, they are really fantastic so far, giving access to demo rigs is already planned. You still got the SC & HB demo rigs as well as a free toy pack ( this one is really fun)

are you equipped with a hollow or semi ?

• Now .. who is going to do a slide profile pack......they prob would work okay with slide any how..hmm going to have to try
    keep up the good work man, getting all packs ;)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Yes , thanks ! The rigs are really excellent on my hollow, and my solid body as well. This kind of rigs will suit single coils and humbuckers, they are taken from the commercial pack ( minus the FXs ) .

check the rig exchange for 3 demo rigs from the hollow pack : JB stands for Jazzbox :)

ATM.JB.drive.chordal
    ATM.JB.drive.chordal.lead (variation of the previous for lead work)
    ATM.JB.clean.funk ( this one badly needs an hollow, add some +++ treble on a solid body )

They are some of the ones figured in the clips, played on both Hollow & solid body :)

• outstanding R.....i am going to wait till after the sale to support your work.... its quality work, i am not paying a discount for that brother...

:)

Ash

• thx a lot Ash, it's very kind from you. I hope that I can assemble the hollow pack this week and put it online... time is running !

Be sure to try the demos in the meanwhile, the 'chordal' rigs are outstanding on my L5 copy.

I just received a JCM800 clone full tube preamp , the first profiles are fat & thick :) but the AMT is really close in terms of quality & tone.

• .i am going to wait till after the sale to support your work.... its quality work, i am not paying a discount for that brother..

For now, thank you very much.
    I agree with the previous speaker in their entirety :)

At least one demo profile I will use for a ballade at the new year concert next sunday with our big band.
    Harry

• Wow ! I really wish I could hear this , thanks a lot Harry , if you ever record something let me know,

Indeed the local cable TV will make a 5 min clip. But the sound will be recorded with the camera and is shurely not exhilarating.
    The most airtime will filled with interviews and statements of local politicians and celebrities. :D
    I do not expect to hear much music. ;)
    Harry

• Here is a new demo with some clips made with a selection of profiles taken from the hollow body pack. Most tracks were played on a huge hollow ,the profiles do their best to get most of the mojo you can have playing these fat guitars.

I'll have my hands back on my Ibanez artist ( semi Hollow) with some fresh new P94 hand-wound pickups made & mounted by my luthier , so expect some other clips. Tests on a 335 came also very good , FYI.

I have to postpone the launch of this pack, I'm sick ATM and I spend too much time enjoying the profiles than actually working on them. But I've put some test rigs on the rig exchange, you'll be able to preview them by yourself !

with 20 rigs, and a full body hollow , you can cover a very large territory in terms of tones !

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

As usual NO MIX tricks, just the RAW tones , some double tracking but no post FX and EQ.