Improvements on Aux Input for those who use In Ear Monitor (IEM)

• Hello,

Playing live I use a pair of IEM via headphone out and the sound coming from the Kemper is fine, and of course I have to hear the band mix as well; that signal is usually mono, so connecting it to one channel of the aux input would make one of my ears bleed after a while. So I have to bring a mini mixer for the additional signal, with an internal brickwall limiter to protect my ears from feedback and eventual transients (I don't have it incorporated).

My requests are:
    - Could we switch between stereo mode (2 cables) and mono mode (1 cable) on aux input?
    - Could we add a brickwall limiter to the aux input signal (or alternatively headphones out)?
    - A dedicated eq would be appreciated as well, IMHO.

Thanks.

• I agree on more options about the IEM experience with the KPA.
    I wonder if you are using the Monitor out and the IEM at the same time, since i'm facing an issue which is pretty annoying.
    Basically i ear the signal on both monitor and headphones, while i have selected only aux---->headphones.
    Using the metronome live, this drives me nuts!

• +1 on the feature request for more routing/setup options for aux in.

regarding the mono band monitor signal would a cable that's mono on one end and splits out to two 1/4 inch jacks on the other end fix that issue? Granted it doesn't address the limiter question but a at least would eliminate the need for an external mixer. Same signal in both ears but since it's a mono feed that should be ok.

i run our monitor band signal from an aviom monitor system (stereo) into the aux input, blend it with the guitar signal and use the KPA headphone output for my IEM's, and works great. I haven't tried to listen to the monitor out of the KPA and see if the aux signal remains in that output, I'm only using the main outputs for FOH.

sean

• +1

An added bonus of having the option to use mono aux in is that one could use the fx loop at the same time (mono), now it is either the fx loop or the aux, cant have both :(
    While you are at it, could you add the much requested spring reverb so I don´t have to use the fx loop at all? :)

• The aux in signal was always present on the monitor out as far as I remember.
    It was "quite useful" to hear the whole band through my 4x12 cabs, since the monitor out is hardwired to the internal poweramp.

I'm definitely in for more options on the aux signal routing.

I don't think so, since my band(s) and I would have noticed the metronome in my monitor.
    It doesn't make any sense IMHO, since Aux in--->headphones shouldn't be Aux in---->headphones and monitor.