My Pod HD profiles

• Ok, so I thought this would be a fun way to do this. I profiled all my Pod HD profiles before ( see MeAmBobbo PodHD Artist Match Pack (All Merged)), but a number of them didn't come out so well. I went back and completely revamped all of them. I found a number of things I was trying that created artifacts or other nastiness, and I tried to thicken them up significantly. I'm pretty pleased with the results. You can listen to clips here:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'm not going to have time to profile all of them and release a pack anytime soon, but what I'll do is make profiles by request. Just post on this thread which ones you'd like (please no more than 5 at a time), and I'll make them and post them to this thread where everyone can try them. Then give me some feedback, and I can tweak further, or if you think they're worthy, I will share on the Rig Exchange. Keep in mind, these tend to sound better as Kemper profiles - even if they are perfect matches directly after profiling, I have more flexibility in the KPA to further EQ and adjust the distortion tone via the amp block parameters. For instance, if it's a little thin in the Pod, I can lower Definition in the KPA to thicken it up without killing its signature distortion tone.

Profiles completed so far:
    http://foobazaar.com/kemper/Pod/

You can either specify the time marker in one of the clips above, or pick from the list below:

John Petrucci - Mark IV rhythm and lead, Mark IIC+ lead, Dual Recto/Road King rhythm and lead, Pull Me Under Clean
    Joe Satriani - Surfing with the Alien, Is There Love in Space
    Steve Vai - Ultra Zone, Story of Light
    Stevie Ray Vaughn
    Santana
    Jimi Hendrix
    Jonny Lang
    Eddie Van Halen - VH I, VH III
    Eric Clapton - Cream
    Gary Moore
    Guns n Roses - Sweet Child o Mine
    AC/DC - Back in Black
    Led Zepplin - II
    Foo Fighters
    Mark Knoppfler - Money for Nothing
    Metallica - And Justice for All, Black Album
    Megadeth - United Abominations/Classic Thrash Tone, Th1rt3en/rougher tone
    80's Lead
    60's Clean Fender
    Crunches - Marshall, Fender
    Opeth - Ghost Reveries
    KillSwitch Engage - The End of Heartache (5150 and Recto tones)
    As I Lay Dying - The Powerless Rise
    Meshuggah - Chaosphere, Obzen, Koloss, Lead, Ambient Clean
    Misha Mansoor - rhythm, lead, clean
    Lamb of God - Ashes of the Wake
    God Forbid - Determination
    Scar Symmetry - Dark Matter Dimensions
    TesseracT
    Veil of Maya
    Vildjharta (sp?)
    The Faceless - Autotheism rhythm and lead

Happy 2016 X/

• Those are great sound clips, really a nice variety of tones MAB.

I particulary like the Classic Metal tone at 30 sec. I call that a buzz saw tone, and I've gotten close but you nailed it here. If you could post that profile I would love it. It's just so... classic.

I also like a tiny little clip you did at 16 sec on the Clean Patches. It only lasted 3 seconds but reminded me of the acoustic version of Everlong by the Foo Fighters. I can cover this and have a decent tone for it, but it sounded like from that short clip, this clean tone might be better than what I currently use.

Thanks.

• Mental, DigitalBliss - I have them profiled. DigitalBliss, the "buzzsaw" was just the GnR (Slash) patch playing rhythm, and the clean one was the John Petrucci Clean - it was the same as the rest of the beginning of the clip, but I changed pickups (it sounds so different because my middle position is a coil split).

http://foobazaar.com/kemper/Pod/

dpeters, you're up next, but the GnR one is already done.

• @dpeters95
    Profiles are up in the above link. The Gary Moore and 80's lead patches were not updated in the Pod - I found they sounded about perfect for where I wanted them last time I did a patch revamp. So those are the same as my last release, but I added them to the URL above. Enjoy.

• Well, I think all of them are better than the originals. However, I do have one comment. You should get rid of the delay on the ACDC Back in Black tone. They didn't use delay that I know of. It sounded much better when I turned it off.

Thanks again for sharing!

• Hi MAB,
    I wanted to get back to you after trying out those two profiles. The GnR profile is ok, but doesn't seem to fit my guitars very well. It sounds quite a bit different than the clip you posted. It's nice, but for my guitars I have some that sound better for that tone. So for that one, at least for me, I would say it's not worth the effort to try to tweak it much more.

On the Clean JP profile, that one is very good. I compared it to a profile that I like to use for my Everlong cover, and found it surprisingly jangly. I intentionally dulled my existing profile for that song because I wanted to recreate that droning rhythm that makes me feel like I'm driving on a lit up big city freeway at night. When I played your profile, it was a nice change and I was still able to create that feeling. I might actually try to find something right between the two. If I get a chance I'll make a recording and post it for a fun comparison. Thanks for this one, and again no further tweaking is required, at least by me, since I'm not really trying to recreate the JP tone.

Thanks again for putting all these out. I have them in a MAB folder in RM and keep updating these and your reverb/delay profiles whenever you make improvements. Great work!

• Yeah my main focus was the more modern high gain stuff. Tbh, you can probably find better profiles for all my tones, as this is all coming from a Pod HD using cab/mic simulation, but some of them can be elusive. Part of this is just for me to preserve my pod patches on the Kemper platform rather than have "go-to" rigs. Some of them are on par with most of the free stuff you can find though, IMO. Anyway, glad the one patch worked out.

I have a few more of my faves done and will post soon.