DI Profiles needed?

• A big part of the differences between profiles come from the used CABs, mics, mic placement, cables, room, mic pre, ...

By selling a merged profile - lets asume the amp / cab,mic seperation is perfect - could everybody create a simple DI profile(with a di box) and then combine with the rest from a professional setup.

Yeah I get that concern...but that was always kind of possible with the Kemper anyway. Not as exact, but still good enough for a lot of people.

And in general, cause I still read it:
    I can't stress it enough, merged has the same sound quality as studio profiles. They sound the same. If your studio and merged profiles don't sound the same, then something went wrong during profiling. Bad quality DI box, bad gain staging etc. It has only upsides to use merged profiles, no downsides, period.

• Merged profile is always a compromise between good sounding studio and direct amp's profile. It's really hard to do (at the same time) killer sounding on studio monitors and real cab merged profile. Amps setting deppend on mic pos, and mic pos deppend on amp setting thats all. When you set off axis mic pos then probably you need to add extra presence, treble on amp then you have good balanced profile(studio monitors) when you do direct amp profile and then merged from this setting you still have good sounding merged profile on studio monitors but shitty sounding on real cab. Thats why for me best solution is to do killer studio profiles and killer direct amp profiles both tested in the mix and with real cab. If you really want wasting time you have direct amp profiles and you can test many of cab profiles (not my problem). IMO.

Stay Metal!

Edited once, last by sinmix ().