DI Profiles needed?

• Up to today we offer studio profiles only - because these profiles played via FRFR are the closest to the real thing.

We wonder how many of your use Studio Profiles (Kemper direct to PA, In Ears, FRFR, Studio Monitors)
    or / and DI Profiles (Kemper direct to guitar amp / guitar cabinet).

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• For your statistics: Guitar cab for live use, studio monitors for homerecording.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• I only use merged profiles with a guitar cab. Full profile to PA and monitor cab off to my cab for monitoring. The best for the audience and the traditional approach for me.

• I think studio and direct are required definitely. Not all kemper users are using it in a recording environment and thus a live situation and Di is essential. This is why i started doing DI to appeal to all audiences. I would recommend all sellers to do so also.

• Up to today we offer studio profiles only - because these profiles played via FRFR are the closest to the real thing.

We wonder how many of your use Studio Profiles (Kemper direct to PA, In Ears, FRFR, Studio Monitors)
    or / and DI Profiles (Kemper direct to guitar amp / guitar cabinet).

Hi Armin,

Thank you for reaching out to your customers and the KPA community, in general, and enquiring on this matter. In my humble opinion, it should be a "no-brainer"...and I don't mean to sound flippant.

The Merged Profile format gives the KPA user the most flexibility. It has all the benefits of the standard Studio Profile, plus more. That is to say, the Merged format gives the user the ability to accurately separate the Cab profile...allowing just the (Direct) Amp profile to be routed to a traditional guitar cabinet.

Now, the obvious caveat is that if someone only wants a Direct Amp profile, then there is no reason to spend the time and effort in the set-up and mic'ing of a guitar cabinet. On the other hand, all of this preparation is required when making a Studio profile. So, if a Studio profile is part of the plan, why not first make a DA profile (a relatively quick and painless exercise). Then, the production of a Merged Profile is literally a button push away. That is why I characterized it as a "no-brainer".

It is my hope that Kemper commercial profile vendors will begin offering Merged Profiles as the "standard".practice.

Cheers,
    John

Edited 2 times, last by Tritium ().

• Same here!

Up to today we offer studio profiles only - because these profiles played via FRFR are the closest to the real thing.

Personnally, I don't agree with this. When playing with my band, or alone just for fun, I feel closer to the real thing with merged or direct profiles and my guitar cab than with frfr.

• I'm starting to prefer the DI profiles. It would be nice to have the cab separation and amp separation like the merged without going through the extra steps. There are some studio profiles that sound good through a cab, but most DI profiles if refined well are excellent and with it being totally separated from the cab it allows for the addition of a separated cab to be used for going to FOH. The worst thing about the new features coming out is that all of the previous profiles cannot be redone if you sold your amps.....

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• I use KPA only for live situations at the moment.
    I have FRFR Monitor Box for personal use and a connection from main to FOH.
    I prefer to hear almost the same sound as it sounds by PA.
    I prefer Profiles with defined Cabs and the possibility to change the Cab.

One item in the statistics - Harry

• Studio or merged at home, DA/Di merged through a 2x12 live

Yup. I like studio profiles for the studio. I prefer merged for live use but have had some luck with studio profiles working with my power amp and guitar cab. I personally like the option of both. As mentioned a few posts above, I think it is almost a no-brainier to include the DI/DA/Merged versions.

• Yup. I like studio profiles for the studio. I prefer merged for live use but have had some luck with studio profiles working with my power amp and guitar cab. I personally like the option of both. As mentioned a few posts above, I think it is almost a no-brainier to include the DI/DA/Merged versions.

Agreed. Before merged came along I got on with cab driver and a 1x12 at the time just fine. I think it's mainly psychological but now, when playing through a cab, I tend to only go to profiles I know are merged because they just seem to feel better to me. I haven't noticed any difference between studio and merged when recording although some users have reported a difference, so to me it seems strange more commercial profilers aren't hooking the DI box up and adopting merged for a best of both approach.

• A big part of the differences between profiles come from the used CABs, mics, mic placement, cables, room, mic pre, ...

By selling a merged profile - lets asume the amp / cab,mic seperation is perfect - could everybody create a simple DI profile(with a di box) and then combine with the rest from a professional setup.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• A big part of the differences between profiles come from the used CABs, mics, mic placement, cables, room, mic pre, ...

By selling a merged profile - lets asume the amp / cab,mic seperation is perfect - could everybody create a simple DI profile(with a di box) and then combine with the rest from a professional setup.

I don't think this is going to be a big problem for your sales. Not bigger than the lack of copy protection of profiles. IMO, People who buy profiles will continue buying them.

I'm more interested in having good sensations when playing through a guitar cab than in changing cabs between profiles or using them with my own DI profiles.

Edited once, last by pacocito ().

• I use merged only profiles with my 2x12 (cab off) live and for home I use merged profiles but with studio cabs through studio monitors - I really find that merged cabs always make the sound boomy and muddy. I've recently been enjoying DI profiles and using them with studio cabs - best sound I've had yet.