Boss FV 500H and WAH

• I connected my Boss FV500H expression pedal to the PEDAL input at the rear with a stereo cable. I Chose WWAH Cry. In the menu I set PEDAL Mode to BYPASS@ HEEL. But there's no Wah. How to get that great wah-sound?

• Have you set the pedals in the right way in the system menu?

press 'system' knob and scroll to the desired pedal(s)

for example:

pedal 5: choose at function 'volume'
    pedal 6: choose at function 'wah wah'

• No, they are in the System menu.
    Like I wrote: I connected my expression pedal to the right PEDAL input at the rear of the KPA.
    In the System menu there's expression pedal 1 and pedal 2. I put both on WahWah. The rest (number 3, 4, 5 and 6) are not accessible (grey), like fligher suggested.

• The rest (number 3, 4, 5 and 6) are not accessible (grey), like fligher suggested.

Nummer 3-6 are at the remote floorboard. They will appear if a remote is connected.

Quote ( from Reference manual Page 44)
    Expression Pedals:
    An expression pedal works just like a wah or volume pedal, but is made for digital devices. It only needs one cable with a stereo jack, connected to one of the dedicated pedal inputs. If you use a regular expression pedal (e.g. Roland™), please select “Pedal Type 1” with soft knob 1. If you use an expression pedal with reversed polarity (e.g.Yamaha™), please select “Pedal Type 2”. Then press “Calibrate” and perform a full swell on the pedal to calibrate it. You can monitor the changing swell value of the pedal directly under the soft button.
    unquote

Maybe you have to change Pedal Type

Hope it helps - Harry

• @theplayer: OK you have plugged the pedal into the pedal 2 jack.
    If it doesn't work yet change pedal type from 1 to 2 (System menu page 6/17 for pedal 2), like @Sharry suggested. Function is of course 'Wah'.
    Also it is normal that pedal 3-6 are greyed out if o Remote is connected.

• Hi Ingolf, It finally works but I'm not convinced about the fx. It's not really flawless and affects the sustain and drive of the rig. I will put down here all my settings, hoping you can see if there's some improvement possible.

Boss FV 500 .......stereo cable ...................> Kemper rear expression input jack 2

Kemper front: Stomp C: Wah Wah fx (page 1:(
    3.4 7.5 +32% -43%
    Manual, Peak, Pedal Range, Peak Range
    page 2:
    on 100% 0,0
    Pedal Mode Mix Ducking
    page 3:
    Volume

on to System Page 8/14:
    expression
    (type 1) expression (type 2) 0
    pedal 1 pedal 2 value

The screen says now (after tweaking):
    Artist mode
    1: <unplugged> wah wah
    2: Pedal (type 2) wah wah

Page 9/14 is the rig name (Remedy - Black Crowes) and the rest of the pages are idle.

• @theplayer: what do you mean by 'not really flawless'?
    Of course a wah will always affect your sound and your sustain because it is a sweepable filter before the amp.
    So please elaborate.
    Also note that in a normal reasonable scenario there should be no effect before the wah, so I'd put it in slot 1.
    Doing this the 'Cry Baby' preset should sound like a Cry Baby.

• I'm sorry, Ingolf. Maybe I didn't choose the right word. I mean from deep (heel) seamlessy to high (toe).About the sustain: here's an example:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You mention: put it in slot 1. But slot 2 is meant for (expression) pedal... right? Slot 1 = switch

• I did what Kempermaniac advised me and Eureka: I got the Wah at my feet.
    But there's nothing said in the manual of the Boss 500H about calibrating. So I'm blank there.

After this I went to Init Globals like HLL-G advised me, did everything and loaded WWAH Cry preset again.

Well, this got me back where I started: no wah ( why is this so difficult .... :( My Dunlop Cry baby works without all that fuzz, but unfortunately makes much more noise)

• fter this I went to Init Globals like HLL-G advised me, did everything and loaded WWAH Cry preset again.

Sorry i forgot to tell you that after Init Globals you need to reassign your Pedal to Wah. Calibrate the Pedal as advised by Kempermaniac.

• I know (page 25 Basisc & Profiler Guide) that pedal#1 defaults to the control of Wah type effects. But nothing is said about calibrating an expression pedal. The manual of the pedal also shows nothing about that:
    http://www.sweetwater.com/store/media/fv500h_manual.pdf

It only talks about pressing the pedal to the max and returning to the minimum position. But that's for volume.
    Within the KPA I can't find anything too, There's nothing in System.