Complete Factory Restore of Kemper?

• goint to try to do a factory reset on my Kemper hope it works fine

Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio

• Same scenario here. I'm looking to purchase a used power head and would like all he global settings and rigs back to factory default. As well as any foot controller settings. I see all the available rig packs on the Kemp site, so I am not concerned about loading rigs back in. How do I wack out any global/system setting and foot controller assignments the previous user may have changed? Thanks!

• Same scenario here. I'm looking to purchase a used power head and would like all he global settings and rigs back to factory default. As well as any foot controller settings. I see all the available rig packs on the Kemp site, so I am not concerned about loading rigs back in. How do I wack out any global/system setting and foot controller assignments the previous user may have changed? Thanks!

Send an email to Kemper support. They will send you the instructions to do so along with a backup file that will reload it back to 100% factory state using the latest official firmware.

Welcome.

It’s easy.

Wipe the machine clean of all the rigs and FX presets (using RigManager).

Copy the current Kemper Factory Content (rigs and FX presets) over to your machine (again using RigManager).

On your machine hit INIT GLOBALS (System Menu) and you’re done.

Oh, and don’t forget to load the latest FW of course.

• But this is not real full factory reset! The procedure is slightly different for Stage and the other Profilers. So the best is to contact support and they will give you all necessary info + latest content. I did it already for both Stage and Powerrack ant it worked like a charm!

Edited once, last by vjelen ().

• But this is not real full factory reset! The procedure is slightly different for Stage and the other Profilers. So the best is to contact support and they will give you all necessary info + latest content. I did it already for both Stage and Powerrack ant it worked like a charm!

Why is this not a full factory reset?

What else do you want to reset?

i did it on my kemper stage and works perfect

Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio

• Why is this not a full factory reset?

What else do you want to reset?

I am not an expert but I received different procedure for factory reset from Kemper support and as I already mentioned it is slightly different for Stage and other profilers. It starts with putting Kemper into system maintenance mode. Maybe your scenario do the same but as I said the procedure from support was different. I am afraid I can not say more to the subject.

• I am not an expert but I received different procedure for factory reset from Kemper support and as I already mentioned it is slightly different for Stage and other profilers. It starts with putting Kemper into system maintenance mode. Maybe your scenario do the same but as I said the procedure from support was different. I am afraid I can not say more to the subject.

Maintenance mode is not easy to get into. It’s only recommended after supports' strict advice.

Certainly it’s not necessary when you only want to get a clean machine with factory defaults.

• This advice is obsolete since OS 8.7.2!

There is a reset to as-delivered state on page 1 of the System Settings. Hold soft button 4.

• This advice is obsolete since OS 8.7.2!

There is a reset to as-delivered state on page 1 of the System Settings. Hold soft button 4.

It's not documented anywhere. Neither in Main Manual 8.5 (that's understandable) nor in Addendum 8.7 (where it should be!)

• The Addendum 8.7 had been published with 8.7.0.

This feature came with 8.7.2 and is mentioned in the Changelog.

The 8.7.2 Changelog says:

Code
    added: factory reset to as-delivered-state in System Settings (hold button to initiate)

I am not with my Stage right now, so what does it mean precisely?

... There is a reset to as-delivered state on page 1 of the System Settings. Hold soft button 4.

Press System button and than on the page 1 hold soft button 4?