Performance managment

• Sorry if i have missed something here, i havent been keeping check on the forum of late but how do people organise performance mode using rig manager?? It seems counter intuative as I am unable to drag my profiles from RM into any off the performances i create. The only way round it is to copy and paste and this takes longer than using the Kemper itself with the various menu shifts,f. Also, if i store a performance on the local library I am unable to move any of the performances to the KPA using drag and drop. Am i doing something wrong or are these features not available??

• havent been keeping check on the forum of late but how do people organise performance mode using rig manager??

If a new Performance is empty I create it with 5 dummies.
    I mean with the rig-forward button move to an empty Slot and than press the 4th soft button "Slot enabled". On my KPA a Rig named "crunch" is in the new slot.
    If this is done you can choose the Rig you want ( rig-button) and press the "return" at your PC to transfer the choosing Rig you want.(USB cable connected ;) )
    A not enabled Slot can not be reached via RM.

Hope this helps - Harry
    It is the approach I found.

• open two windows, one for the performances and the other one for the rigs. drag and drop rigs in between.
    hth, gs

This worked great for me recently when I bought M. Britt's Pack #2 - I auditioned the rigs in one window and then dragged and dropped into various performances for later customization and tweaking.

• open two windows, one for the performances and the other one for the rigs. drag and drop rigs in between.

Thats another way.
    For me its not so easy with the small Monitor of a "surface pro" Tablet.
    But first it needs a created performance with enabled slots AFAIK.
    This can also be done in the RM (right mouse click)

Harry

Edited once, last by Sharry ().

hth, gs

Dragging and dropping between 2 windows is not working for me, gs, any thoughts on why that may be? Another question - I don't see this option, but is it possible to CREATE a new performance from scratch within Rig Manager?

Thanks for your time.

Gary ô¿ô

• Dragging and dropping between 2 windows is not working for me, gs, any thoughts on why that may be? Another question - I don't see this option, but is it possible to CREATE a new performance from scratch within Rig Manager?

Thanks for your time.

For creating a new performance from scratch rightclick on empty line -> "create new performance"

• Maybe it's just me, but I find that creating performances with rig manager is not very intuitive. I prefer doing it manually on the kemper.

I tried both, but also I prefer to do it on the Kemper.
    As I am a new user , the performances are not really fixed yet . It happend often at rehearsal that I have to modifiy.
    And there is no computer. So its good to be trained at the Kemper ;)

• I'm fine with either way. I do find it's much easier to rename slots in RM, less tedious. That plus being able to just drag a new rig into a slot is pretty useful to me, but I've only done a couple of Performances this way so far.

Gary ô¿ô

• I've used drag and drop method before and it worked great, but last night was getting some crazy glitching. When I would drag the profile to the performance sometimes it would swap to the wrong slot. I was so annoyed at one point! I think it may have something to do with the clock problem I'm having. Going to email support and see if this is the problem. Has anyone else had this problem?

• I've used drag and drop method before and it worked great, but last night was getting some crazy glitching. When I would drag the profile to the performance sometimes it would swap to the wrong slot. I was so annoyed at one point! I think it may have something to do with the clock problem I'm having. Going to email support and see if this is the problem. Has anyone else had this problem?

What clock Problem.? My Kemper clock let pass my life quicker then it is ;)

Just a Guess - Check if the slot you want to fill is enabled in the perfomance screen.

• How interesting - now drag and drop IS working.

It might be depending on whether the destination slot has been pre-emptively made active. Have you checked that?

:)

Maybe it's just me, but I find that creating performances with rig manager is not very intuitive. I prefer doing it manually on the kemper.

I have no rigs left in the Pool. All my rigs now reside in my computer. In this scenario, using RM is the way to do it X)

• I have no rigs left in the Pool. All my rigs now reside in my computer. In this scenario, using RM is the way to do it X)

So do I.
    For my feeling the Kemper now runs more stable.
    Also the boot time seemed to be shorter.
    Only the performances for a Live-Gig are stored at the KPA.
    I think some seconds of fear are avoided now. Never needed to use a emergency procedures again since that time.