Monitor vs. FOH Levels

• Hi guys - I'm planning on using my new KPA rig live, but have one question that I couldn't find in the manual - can I easily adjust my monitor level from the front of my KPA without affecting my FOH levels?

will be using a DXR10 to self-monitor the KPA, but in using an Amplifire live right now, I am constantly leaning over my monitor wedge to adjust volume due to pretty big volume fluctuations with our band (different drummers, setting, etc)

If not easy to do, I will be using a rack for a power conditioner and would consider some sort of rack mounted volume/EQ solution within arms reach rather than constantly fussing with volume at the speaker.

Thoughts? Thanks!

• can I easily adjust my monitor level from the front of my KPA without affecting my FOH levels?

Press Output Button (right above.)
    Set the option "Monitor out Link" to "not active".
    Then the monitor volume is independent of the Master volume (FOH).

Harry

• Perfect - thanks so much!

I'm typically a "read the manual" kind of guy, but this kind of tip - and maybe some others in the online FAQ section (managing favorites, etc) - would be a *huge* help for beginners to watch if someone were to video them.

• You're welcome. Dial in approx. -15 to -20 dB (try out what fits best) for the Main Outs for to make sure you're not clipping your channel on the mixer (if you're going XLR some mixers activate the mic pres automatically). Leave the Main Out volume untouched then.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• There's no other way than to trust him. It makes no sense to adjust the FOH-level by yourself standing on stage as you can't judge from there how the levels are on FOH.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• There's no other way than to trust him. It makes no sense to adjust the FOH-level by yourself standing on stage as you can't judge from there how the levels are on FOH.

Yes, if there is a man on the mixer, you have to trust. But normally I'm the man :D
    Seriously:
    During Performance we try to avoid modification except main volume.
    Sound check is the act we have to live with.
    Normally we do not have a sound engineer at FOH.
    Dynamically playing is in responsibility of the musician.