Using Roland GR-33 as controller for kemper?

• I don't know of a FAQ.

The GR-33 will send a MIDI PC command with each Patch Change, and you likely can set the Pedal to send MIDI CC#7 in each Patch, or maybe globally.

There are many KPA owners at http://www.vguitarforums.com. Their GR33 experience is much more recent than mine - I sold the two I had when I bought the KPA.

I don't think the GR-33 forum is active there. I posted something in there over a week ago in the GR-33 forum with no replies.

• vablows, I think there are a couple of replies over at vGuitar. I haven't used my GR55 in a couple of years, but like Paults said it will send CC's ,but I can't remember if it's global or per patch.
    If I can find the time this weekend I'll give it a go and see what I can come up with.

• Not exactly a FAQ, but Chapter 9 in the GR-33 Manual is titled Connecting to External Sound Generators and Sequencers. Here is an excerpt from Page 88:

"When the pedal or [VALUE] is used to change patches on the GR-33, a Program Change (tone change) message is sent to the external device from MIDI OUT. This can be used to change tones on the external sound generator or to change patches for guitar-sound effects. The number of the Program Change message that is sent can be freely changed and saved to the patches on the GR-33. (At the time of purchase, Program Change numbers 1 through 128 are assigned sequentially to patches A11 through D84.)"

In other words, you can MIDI Map the GR-33 so the MIDI PC Numbers assigned to your KPA rigs do not have to align with your GR-33 preset numbers.

Here's a link where you can download a copy of the GR-33 Manual for reference. Hope this helps.