Looper enhancements

• I use the looper only at home as a practice tool and composition helper, and I think it would benefit of the following enhancements:

- adjustable volume (as recommended by a previous thread)
    - quantize option
    - to the end of quantizing, a dedicated tempo
    - a click option (to be able to hear the tempo)

What do you guys think?

• ... and, above all, I'd like to have the possibility to use different rigs in different loops!
    Very frankly, KPA looper is the most disappointing feature I found in this beatiful machine.

• Well, it's definitely not a dedicated looping machine... Not enough memory, probably. But extremely useful nevertheless for a number of applications... And it's free ;D

• I really doubt memory plays a role here. I mean, after you're keeping in RAM up to a minute of recording, an integer variable to keep track of the loop volume is nothing.

• ... and, above all, I'd like to have the possibility to use different rigs in different loops!
    Very frankly, KPA looper is the most disappointing feature I found in this beatiful machine.

You can do this already. While the loop is running, press the Looper button to get out of looper mode - the loop continues to run - select the rig you want, then press the Looper button again to re-enter looper mode.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• This. ;)

It doesn't work here.
    While the loop is running (with a clean rig, e.g.) I get out of looper mode, I select a different rig (hi gain rig now), and the first loop (the one which is already running) starts playing with the hi gain tone!
    This is not how a looper should work.
    The first look should maintain the previous tone!

Or is there a bug in my Remote/KPA?

• It doesn't work here.
    While the loop is running (with a clean rig, e.g.) I get out of looper mode, I select a different rig (hi gain rig now), and the first loop (the one which is already running) starts playing with the hi gain tone!
    This is not how a looper should work.
    The first look should maintain the previous tone!

Or is there a bug in my Remote/KPA?

No, I see what's happening: you have the loop in "pre" mode, so it comes at the very beginning of the signal chain; if you change anything (amp, effect, whole rig) the whole recorded bit will be affected. This is convenient if you wanna have a loop while you want to tweak your tone and - you know - have your hands free to tweak.
    However, you clearly want to set it in "post" mode, where it is places at the very end of the signal chain, so as you change sounds the previous recordings don't change.
    I honestly don't remember exactly where you select pre or post, but rummage a bit in the system menu and you should find it.

• System menu -pre / post looper configuration is a box at the top of the display. Select post for the looper if you want to loop different rigs. Pre comes in handy when you want to tweak a rig and also when you want to set up microphones for profiling.

• Ahah, sorry, I had missed that! Yeah, sure, recording two independent loops (that is, tracks) is most likely not an option (it'd be cool though :P )

• So, I come again to this.
    Please, please, please, add some controls like Loop Volume and Mix to the looper :( I mean, today I recorded 3 tracks and it was clipping already...and I don't just mean the output led going red, I mean really digital clipping...

• Yep, if the level of the original tracks is kept while overdubbing we'd at least need the option to set the playback volume, or the option to automatically scale the volume down while doing that.

• It would not be the same Michael. The two possible solutions ATM would be to lower the rigs' volume before "recording", or to lower the Volume. Master volume operates after the output conversion, it would not prevent the clipping.