Looper enhancements

• You're right. My solo tone would already be set to a few dB higher than my rhythm tone. I guess I should have worded it better. I meant for parts where there are simply 2 rhythm guitars playing at the same time, but playing different parts and one should be a little above the other (not necessarily a lead tone volume).

But considering the looper is just a perk in this controller, and not supposed to be the main purpose, I'm very pleased with it. I'd much rather have this, than nothing at all, which is what you'd find in most controllers.

• Well, it's definitely not a dedicated looping machine... Not enough memory, probably. But extremely useful nevertheless for a number of applications... And it's free ;D

Sorry, I would have to totaly disagree with you on this one. :)
    The looper was not free.
    $600 for access to it is far from free.
    I don't recall them touting it as free. Even if they did, don't believe it.
    There was software created and hardware installed to make it happen.

• What, with a hack?
    I saw a bit of them working on something a while back but wasnt to interested it being so limited, even with the Remote.
    Haven`t kept up on how far they got.

@Inthrutheout, no hack, just normal MIDI messages. The looper was initially supposed to be only for Remote owners, but since then Kemper made it available to everyone through MIDI. That is actually very honorable of the team, kudos for that :) (but still, give us a volume)

• Ok, I haven't kept up with it.
    I don't have anything I use with midi at this point.
    Not that it matters, I use a Stereo JamMan.

Hoping to get an FX8 when my turn comes and I will probably just use its looper.

• If you record the first loop with your guitar volume down (or with a quieter rhythm tone), and then play over it with the guitar wide open (or with a louder lead tone), they don't have the same volume.

True, but the downside to that is if you reduce your volume pot, you're going to change the tone (or gain) of one of the tracks. So if you're playing a song that has a full blown heavy rhythm part underneath a solo, if you roll the volume back, it's not going to be the same as playing that part with the volume on full and gain at 100%.

• I would like to see different operational modes for the looper for different ways of using it. Specifically, press Record, record a loop, press again to start playback of that loop, press again to start recording a new loop (not an overdub), press again and the new loop plays. This allows you to create perfectly timed backing parts for different sections of songs on the fly. Here is an excerpt from the TC Electronic Ditto X4 where they handle this with switches (couldn't this be done with a soft switch in the KPA?):

Serial mode is geared toward having 2 distinct parts to a song that are not
    meant to be played simultaneously. Therefore, pressing a LOOP footswitch
    during another loop's playback arms the loop for recording. After the first loop
    finishes its cycle, the first loop stops and the second loop begins recording. This is
    convenient for a verse/chorus arrangement, but there may be times when you
    don’t want to wait for the first loop to end before recording. Flip switch 3 to the
    “up” position to allow the second loop to begin recording immediately upon
    pressing its footswitch.