BIG Splawn Quick Rod Profiling Session Coming Up!

• Woohoo!!!

Tomorrow is the day!

Unfortunately I had NO time to do any of the prework I wanted to but I know my gear well enough.

I am going to be very detailed about all the settings used, have a spreadsheet for that. I have a usb keyboard ready to go and have a base clean and OD profile to use as a starting point. Bringing both the Kemper and Behringer DI boxes.

If all goes well, not only will I have a ton of Splawn profiles but also the studios JCM800 and matching cab and POSSIBLY the Dr. Z. It is out for repairs but owner is hoping to have it back today.

Fingers crossed.

Anything I should consider while there? I am going to intermittently merge some profiles while there to make sure they are working correctly.

My plan is to:
    • Make Studio Profile 1
    • Make DI Profile 1
    • Merge to make sure they sound right

Wash - rinse - repeat

Once I get through profiling JUST the Splawn and matching 2x12, I will start with doing the profiles that will use my OD/Boosts/Fuzzes.

I am correct that the pedals go like this:
    Guitar > Kemper Input > Kemper Out (Back) > Pedal > Amp Input

• So...

had 4 hours at the studio. Had some wierd technical issues that ate up about 35 minutes but got it in order.

all in all got about 39 profiles. 28 have DI's and I'll make the rest of the DI's at home. Just ran out of time. Didn't get to any of the boosts but I THINK I got a good sampling of the clean and OD channels.

My ears are worn out but I will start going through and really listening to the profiles and fine tuning the tags.

Definitely was a little over ambitious but it was a lot of fun and I learned a lot.

• Fantastic, Jeremy. I hope you had an awesome time. We are all looking forward to the fruits of the QR session, and all your hard work. The Kemper community is lucky to have such gracious enthusiasts such as yourself, Tim Owens, Meambobbo, Djemass, Thumas, R.U Sirius, SinMix, and a host of others (I just wish I could name them all)...who freely give so much of their time and talent.

I can't tell you how appreciative I am to all of you guys.

Cheers mate,
    John

• Fantastic, Jeremy. I hope you had an awesome time. We are all looking forward to the fruits of the QR session, and all your hard work. The Kemper community is lucky to have such gracious enthusiasts such as yourself, Tim Owens, Meambobbo, Djemass, Thumas, R.U Sirius, SinMix, and a host of others (I just wish I could name them all)...who freely give so much of their time and talent.

I can't tell you how appreciative I am to all of you guys.

Cheers mate,
    John

John,

you said it. I am on quite a few music forums and the Kemper community is tops.

I think ink between this session and my session with Mr. Tim Owens I have learned a good bit about profiling. I'm definitely going to be doing a lot more of it. Will be moving my home studio around so I can finally isolate my cab properly.

Today cost me about $7 a profile when all said and done but like Insaid, I learned a lot so it's very much worth it. Feedback from others on what they like/don't like is helpful too.