Toaster => a new Editor

• Yep, on 4.02 here and as I indicated Performance mode not working but everything else that I looked at briefly appeared to be working. ( OH yeah, except Delay doesn't work.. Reverb, cabinet, etc. yes).

• virango: Will you make it shareware later to get some compensation?
    This would be very understandable seeing that an editor like this is high in demand.

Ingolf:
    No, Toaster is and will stay open source freeware.
    As for compensation: maybe I'll turn it to donationware in the future (one can not have enough gear :) ), when some grade of maturity is reached.
    But for this I'll have to check the legal side (taxes etc.) and if it is worth the effort.

• skoczy schrieb:
    Thanks. When it will be running with 4, be sure I will flood you with bugs and suggestions

Works, tested on mac and windows7 64 bit (Toaster 32 bit); so it seems to be a local problem.

Also tested on a 10 years old notebook with Vista 32 bit -> works.
    Did you try to plug your interface into another USB port?

• Sorry but hurried today- Do I need to use a midi interface, or will this work via the USB connection on my iMac?

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Virango!!! Your are the man... Major props to you for the work and and a very clean alpha! For my needs Toaster is already there.

Thanks from the bottom of my largeness!

Since you're not accepting anything at this time maybe I could make a donation in your name to an organization that's special to you?

Fats

Art is not a competition

• great effort, thank you very much!!!!

did I miss display of REVERB MIX and TIME? (other than hovering over the corresponding knob with mouse?) Could it be made available in a single view in toaster?

Mix and Time can be currently changed with the knobs in the middle.
    But I make a small re-work of all the stomp editors, so it will also be available there.

• Virango!!! Your are the man... Major props to you for the work and and a very clean alpha! For my needs Toaster is already there.

Thanks from the bottom of my largeness!

Since you're not accepting anything at this time maybe I could make a donation in your name to an organization that's special to you?

This is a great idea. I'll look for an appropriate purpose.

• Also tested on a 10 years old notebook with Vista 32 bit -> works.
    Did you try to plug your interface into another USB port?

I looked into Control Panel and I had installed 5 versions of Rig Manager. I removed first the driver of Kemper i Device Manager, the I removed all versions of Rig Manager and installed the latest, but I can't change any value in Kemper using Toaster. I tried all 3 USB ports, nicht hilfen.
    Can I send you any logs?

Should I add that switching from BROWSER to TUNER and PERFORMANCE as well as PRIOFILER mode works. Value is updated in Toaster when I turn knob in Profiler.
    Engaging/disengaging effect in Profiler also is updated in Toaster.
    However changing GAIN, EQ and RIG VOL in Kemper does nothing.
    1.2.0.98 is version of Kemper.sys driver it if matters.

Edited once, last by skoczy ().

• Virango, your're the man!

I really started tweaking my toaster a lot more since I have your toaster-tool and it is already paying off

If you are open for suggestions, I think tweaking some parameters,ie. EQs, would be easier in a seperate "DAW-type-(graphical)window". I am by no means a computer programmer, so I don't know if that would be a lot to programm, or if there are available "modules" that could translate the available "numbers" coming from the Kemper into a more intuitive format...

Thanx again!!!

• I love your name! :D and welcome (I see you are new to the forums).

Are you thinking like a graph for a parametric EQ?
    If so - are you thinking about the studio EQ effect, specifically, or all EQs?

• I was glad the name was still available, and thanks for your welcome! ;)

I was thinking graphical UI especially for the parametric EQs. If others are like me, we have so gotten used to "reading" graphics and tweaking Q, freq, level by a single mouse gesture, that tweaking them on the kemper feels like hard work ;) My 2cents about graphic EQs, would be no need to change them, they are well... graphic enough ;) I can't see any way to make edeting, reading any more intuitive, other than not being confined to a relativly small display size if one wanted to faithfully represent the look and feel of the actual unit.

What I'm hoping for, down the road of further OS upgrades is that the concept of parallel paths (within the limits of the DSP) is expanded. Maybe then a more block/path oriented view for stomp/fx modules would make sense down the road. I would love to be able to ie manipulate just the output of a delay with further effects... but that again is a different story ;)