Toaster => a new Editor

• Windows 7 32-bit here, Toaster 1.0.74 ALPHA. Connection works OK. Impressive job so far :thumbup:

Anyway:

BUGS:

1) while long pressing respective button, stomp/amp/cab editor is not activated/deactivated on Kemper LCD (it is activated/deactivated on Toaster soft though)
    2) rig volume is somehow incorrectly counted/set. when rig volume on Kemper is at noon 0.0dB (blue arrow) but it is almost full in Toaster (orange arrow), requesting value by using CTRL+R works. 2 Leds (-18dB) in Kemper is 1.30pm (-18dB) in Toaster
    [Blocked Image: http://s29.postimg.org/cxy0dybif/vol1.jpg]

3) Turning NOISE GATE knob is not displaying NoiseGate Intensity values bar nor in Toaster neither in Kemper. Although the value is being changed.

SUGGESTIONS:

1) doubleclick on the knob which has "default" value (or 0.0.dB), should set this value - for example, double clicking on rig volume should set rig volume to 0.0dB
    2) there should be possibility to manually enter value of the knob. double-click on the value, enter value and hit enter to set the value.
    [Blocked Image: http://s2.postimg.org/lazq16nm1/knob_value.jpg]
    entering value lower than lowest and hitting enter would set the lowest value
    entering value higher than highest and hitting enter would set the highest value
    OR
    entering value lower than lowest would not allow to set the value by hitting enter key, popup could be displayed "value out of range"
    entering value higher than highest would not allow to set the value by hitting enter key, popup could be displayed "value out of range"

the arrows < 0.0 > would be used to decrease/increase the value of parameter

3) Gain value could be displayed all the time like Bass/Middle/Treble is, not only OnMouseOver the knob, there could be possibility to manually enter value of the Gain knob
    [Blocked Image: http://s10.postimg.org/f20s0ldeh/gain2.jpg]

4) Turning Clean Sense & Distortion Sense should invoke INPUT screen

Great contribution @virango, thanks.

• I'd love to try this but it just won't install on my PC running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1

Edit: just tried the x32 version and same result. Totally bizarre that neither .exe will run. (4yr old i7 PC, 24Gb RAM, with hundreds of programs succesfully installed and in daily use)

Edit: Got it installed. Had to completely disable Avast AV plus once installed, needed to add the path to Toaster as an exclusion in Avast to stop it from scanning it else it would not open.

Now for some experimentation :)

Edited 2 times, last by Jaybee ().

• Yep, running on my Windows 7 Pro 64bit with 12GB ram.

• W7 64-bit, 4GB RAM working here also.

• Thanks for the confirmation on x64. I just can't get the installers to start. Seriously never had this happen with any exe file on this PC before. Weird. Rig manager is fine.

Guess I'll have to sit this one out unless the OP has any ideas why it won't work or an alternative way in. I'll try it again tomorrow on a fresh boot with the AV off in case that's somehow hanging the installer.

Edit: Yep, that was it. Got it installed. Had to completely disable Avast AV plus once installed, needed to add the path to Toaster as an exclusion in Avast to stop it from scanning it else it would not open.

Edited once, last by Jaybee ().

• @virango Well I'm impressed :thumbup: Now she's up and running and talking nicely to my Kemper rack. No crashes so far.

Had Toaster open with the Rig Manager open too. Select a rig in the RM to preview and it appears on the Toaster too. Immediate thought is how much better & faster previewing rigs is going to be. So many uploaded rigs are different volumes, bone dry or soaking in reverb, now it's really easy to add or subtract effects/volume and get a much better feel for a new rig with a few clicks. We're already looking at the computer screen to use the RM so it makes perfect sense to control the Kemper from the same screen.

Top work. Look forward to seeing this develop.

• Something upcommig (update)? As reported buy the other guys: Tha gain knob works not exactely and also the Volume knob. LEDs are different on my laptop and on the kpa (win7 , 64 bit)

cheers
    Frank

• Something upcommig (update)? As reported buy the other guys: Tha gain knob works not exactely and also the Volume knob. LEDs are different on my laptop and on the kpa (win7 , 64 bit)

cheers
    Frank

Still working on the next release. Could you be more specific about the gain knob and the LEDs (pictures ?). The problem with the volume knob is known.

Cheers
    Thomas