The NAMM plot thickens.............

• I stick with clean amp sounds. Leads and driven sounds are done via overdrive pedals. I literally get no benefit out of morphing, except maybe for a volume boost. So I'm pretty disappointed myself.

Most companies, however, announce all the new things at once. They don't say "Thursday, we're announcing the first thing, and Friday, the second thing..." because people get annoyed and disappointed. So if they plan on announcing more stuff, they need to do it quick.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• I stick with clean amp sounds. Leads and driven sounds are done via overdrive pedals. I literally get no benefit out of morphing, except maybe for a volume boost. So I'm pretty disappointed myself.

Most companies, however, announce all the new things at once. They don't say "Thursday, we're announcing the first thing, and Friday, the second thing..." because people get annoyed and disappointed. So if they plan on announcing more stuff, they need to do it quick.

There is some news filtering through on other threads from people at NAMM:
    Namm 2016 - Day 1 - New Kemper stuff! with pics
    ...about new delays and a new strobe tuner.

• There is some news filtering through on other threads from people at NAMM:
    Namm 2016 - Day 1 - New Kemper stuff! with pics
    ...about new delays and a new strobe tuner.

I've seen that. And that's very exciting stuff. But no official announcement for it.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• After sleeping one night and a beautiful stroll in the sunny winterland this morning I don't like to think further for yesterdays disappointment.
    I agree, morphing could be an excited feature. I think more for sound freaks and studio productions but for me less for live.
    I'll probably pursue my previous way further - keep it simple as possible in a live situation.
    Other posting showing fotos of new delays make myself again wondering what comes next.

• For me this is very relevant for LIVE situation. I have always had a delay in my SOLO preset, controlling delay speed by TAP and delay LEVEL by an expression pedal. So I could match the delay for any song, regarding speed and intensity. That´s basically all I need in a LIVE situation what delay is concerned ( You can see, I am no sound freak at all ;)
    I was very disappointed after buying my kemper a year ago, when I had to learn, this is not possible with the kemper.
    Now it is possible. (and a lot more)
    I am very happy!

• For me this is very relevant for LIVE situation. I have always had a delay in my SOLO preset, controlling delay speed by TAP and delay LEVEL by an expression pedal. So I could match the delay for any song, regarding speed and intensity. That´s basically all I need in a LIVE situation what delay is concerned ( You can see, I am no sound freak at all ;)
    I was very disappointed after buying my kemper a year ago, when I had to learn, this is not possible with the kemper.
    Now it is possible. (and a lot more)
    I am very happy!

It has been possible for years through midi, just not via an expression pedal connected to the Remote.

• It has been possible for years through midi, just not via an expression pedal connected to the Remote.

Yes thats correct. But I did not want to invest in a midi "ground control", because I thought the kemper remote is the thing to go for. Only the limitation of expression pedal stuff was stopping me to get one.
    Now I am happy that I have waited ;)

• Yes thats correct. But I did not want to invest in a midi "ground control", because I thought the kemper remote is the thing to go for. Only the limitation of expression pedal stuff was stopping me to get one.
    Now I am happy that I have waited ;)

It has also worked by plugging an expression pedal directly into the Kemper, don't you know...

• Really?! I thought this was limited to volume and wahwah. I could not find "delay level/mix". Did I miss something here?

My bad, I think I'm getting mixed up, I'll have to check when I'm at my KPA, but I think delay mix can actually already be controlled via expression pedal connected to the Remote in the current firmware. Like I said, I'll check tonight and get back to you!

• So while I really appreciate the new "free" update features theres a question I must ask.

When do I get to play with um?

Huhunhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh? 8o

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Sometime in Feb I think was the estimation from CK.

I thought NAMM overall wasn't the greatest this year, but then I realized we're getting essentially loads of new delay pedals and a brand new feature for FREE. Awesome.

• Yes, the H9 can modulate with an expression pedal between settings. But nowhere near as many possibilities as the Kemper.

KPA has taken this concept to a completely different level.

• For me, morphing means I can tailor a profile to sound just like I want it when clean, and just like I want it wether dirty - and hopefully in between well sound great as well. To me, this is really valuable simply for playing, and for keeping things simple.

I'm thinking of this in terms of a more finely tuned version of rolling down the volume knob on the guitar to get different sounds.