The NAMM plot thickens.............

• Yes, the H9 can modulate with an expression pedal between settings. But nowhere near as many possibilities as the Kemper.

KPA has taken this concept to a completely different level.

This. To me this is the best and most advanced realtime control system available.
    And you get very fast and intuitive results without the need to assign midi CC's like they did in the last century. :)

• And you get very fast and intuitive results without the need to assign midi CC's like they did in the last century. :)

LITERALLY the last century! Man, it makes me feel old though, haha.

Heck, Jan 7th was my 3rd Anniversary with the Kemper.

What do you get the Kemper for her 3rd? v4.0 kaos.bin! (come quickly, February!)

• Maybe I am stupid but I don't see how the morphing feature is that different to rolling down your volume knob to alternate between clean and dirty, and how often will it be a better alternative to just simply switching channels.

I mean how often do you need to sweep between channels in a song? I can think of ambient atmospheric music perhaps - but practically you just kick in the distortion or delay or pitch shifter or whatever rather than a smooth leisurely sweep.

Rather than simplify things I think that adding yet another parameter to the mix just overcomplicates in my mind - I hope to be proved wrong but I can't get excited about it just yet.

Regarding the delays etc has there been an official announcement? Seems like it may not be coming this time around? Or are we being drip fed news?

• Maybe I am stupid but I don't see how the morphing feature is that different to rolling down your volume knob to alternate between clean and dirty, and how often will it be a better alternative to just simply switching channels.

Just don't restrict yourself. Think of moving from any x -parameter setting in a rig to a second y- parameter setting.
    Don't be shy, experiment and be adventurous.
    It's really that awesome!

I think too many people fixate on gain as the only parameter worth changing on an amp (or Kemper rig) to get different tones/effect/sounds/atmosphere. Its not just clean vs. dirty that they are offering.

• I must admit that I was wrong and now I feel stupid :/ . According to this post : UnO4Kemper and the new morph feature
    KPA team support new features to third party pedalboards :thumbup:

Thank you guys!!!

• I think too many people fixate on gain as the only parameter worth changing on an amp (or Kemper rig) to get different tones/effect/sounds/atmosphere. Its not just clean vs. dirty that they are offering.

Agreed but I am not sure why I wouldn't just kick the reverb in rather than sweep it in smoothly. It only appears to be a useful function for transitions from part to part. Which doesn't seem that useful for me unless I am doing some ambient stuff - which would work nicely.

• Sometimes rolling down the volume on the guitar doesn't get you exactly were you'd like.

• I wouldn't use "stupid" but comfortably would use "short sighted".

This feature isn't a switch. It's a ranging blend. So it adds tremendous control in building dynamics. Adds sweeping control in tone or sound shaping entirely. It's easy peasy to setup. The video says the 2 modes exist and you either choose with a 2nd foot tap or hold the expression pedal to the toe and then alter parameters that have continuous ranges by hand. The release of the Rig button or Heel of the pedal sweeps the range of your changes. ALL of them.

So, say you have Chorus and Flange chosen. On Heel you set Flange mix to 0% and Chorus mix to 100% and then press Toe and set Chorus mix to 0% and Flange to 100%. Now, when you sweep the pedal, it blends from Chorus --> Flange with every cross parameter between 100--> 0% on Chorus and 0->100% on Flange until only Flange is there. You can even just go 1/2 or any way in-between for a Chorus-Flange 50% mix setting. You can do this for ANY effect, several effects, and ALL continuous parameters at one blending. WOW

Just WOW.

• The use of morphing is not limited to the amp tones; you can leave the amp tones as they are but completely change multiple effect parameters with the sweep of the pedal. This is what is getting me excited about the feature; I've been wanting to transition some of the effects during a solo but leave the amp tone as it is. You could stack up multiple effects to make insane amounts of racket, but morph the mix on all of them to completely take them out of the tone. The possibilities are endless.

It's true you can do this using midi, but I guarantee you it will be far harder to implement via midi than using morphing. Setting up morphed tones seems to be so simple it is almost laughable, and that's a beautiful thing. I'm tired of the "midi headache".

• Back when I was clamoring for this feature, my primary intended use was to simulate feedback by using the harmonizer (e.g. octave up) and setting the expression pedal to control the mix. Now I wonder if it could also be used as a workaround to set the Rotary Speaker speed somewhere between Slow and Fast.

• Think of it this way too: If you go from Clean no effect to Distortion and FX you can do it slow and build up naturally.

The key thing is "naturally"

With a switch, you gotta just punch in the new profile or setup, even with a pedal board, and you can't be playing while you do it.

With Morph, you can play the whole time. You can do thing while playing, with a sweeping series of blend tones that build and lead up to the monster at the other end of the expression pedal. There is really nothing like it. H9 and others come close, but this is so, as Don put it "open" that the sculpting you can do is literally and nearly limitless. Certainly you don't have enough breath left in you to exhaust the possibilities.

I'm psyched about the Delays possibilities. I would really like some more choices in Reverbs, but I guess that's coming. CK did say they had rollout planned for years. So far: no kidding

• Now I wonder if it could also be used as a workaround to set the Rotary Speaker speed somewhere between Slow and Fast.

Exactly what I was thinking, and I think the answer is 'YES.' That was a feature request of mine I started a thread on way back when.... I'm excited.

To those who aren't thrilled with the morphing capabilities I agree with others that you are restricting your sound palette if you don't at least try it when available (perhaps a bit short-sighted as Ingolf state), but remember this - even if you do upgrade the firmware, no one says you must use that feature or any other! Ignore it. It's free don't forget!! Enjoy the other goodies the company is graciously giving us users and be grateful for them. They are the bomb.

So there really is no reason for anyone to complain. Use what you want and don't use the rest, as has always been your choice.

Peace to all and I can't wait to play with this great looking upgrade.

Gary ô¿ô

• So, say you have Chorus and Flange chosen..

OR, for a much more traditional guitar sound application (for rootsy players, in particular), you could crossfade from Reverb to Tap Tempo tremelo. One Rig could range from bone dry Trem to just big and wet, with any mix of the two effects that you happen to need for the song, in the room you happen to be playing in, on a given night. If also you want the pre-delay time of the reverb to increase as the trem fades, you can do that. If also want the reverb time to increase as the trem fades, you can do that.

• The "Morph" feature isn't that exciting to me, because I'm not playing live with the Kemper and don't use a footswitch and it doesn't support rig/stack blending. But for anyone that does those things it's actually a very cool thing to have because it allows you to quickly map stomp controls to your pedal, the examples of where you'd use this range from the obvious gain blend through to effects more useful to noise and electronica guitarists who might for example want to control pitch, vibrato, and delay length effects on the fly for more interesting soundscapes.

The key thing is that yes at any one static position of the pedal or point in time you will just have a standard setting you could achieve by twiddling dials, it's how things change while playing that allows it to expend your sound palette. You can basically design and create your own stomp pedal effect that doesn't already exist out there with custom throw this way, for example it makes it trivial to creates a hi-lo pass sweep pedal.

In that vein it would be nice to see the functionality extended with some options for auto pedal and a few oscillator input options as well as just midi pedal assignment control for the feature. Then I could see getting much more excited.

What's far more interesting and cool to me though are the other new features, the new delays and even the strobe tuner. They seem like very cool additions that have an immediate application for me as someone using Kemper in a home studio without pedalboard. I'm really looking forward to playing around with them.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So KRIS it's shimmer or delay or reverb :thumbup:

So i have one question. In this video we heard a shimmer delay (KRIS) .
    In my opinion it sounds great but .... what about upcoming reverb's?
    The delay shimmer have a some kind of distinct and noticed taps in sound while using the reverb and the same pitch shifting(KRIS) algorithm in reverb feedback loop may yields a smoother choir like results(because of the more complicated(more random taps) nature of the reverb trail)
    I wonder if there will be reverb shimmer or we can tweak the delay KRIS to sound more smooth?