The NAMM plot thickens.............

• I wonder if it could also be used as a workaround to set the Rotary Speaker speed somewhere between Slow and Fast.

morphing only operates on continuous parameters. You might use 2 rotaries and set one to volume and the other to 0 and morph. It will not be the same tho.
    :)

• If you setup 2 Rotary Speakers as FX, what you set in one's speed affects the other's, so you can't "morph" speeds there.

I did setup 2 Vibrato's and was able to control each Vibrato's speed separately, so that should work for Morphing.

Maybe Tremelo work's the same way too. Haven't toyed with setting up 2 of those.

My point is, you can pre-tell if Morph will work if it's a "continuous" parameter in one FX, or if you can set the same continuous parameter in 2 of the same FX independently engaged for that Profile.

• If they haven't implemented "continuous" parameter control for the rotary speaker emulation, that's disappointing. I've heard the arguments... the KPA accurately emulates the "true" slow/fast of the Leslie... What does that have to do with us guitarists? And who cares if they are suddenly being "true" to the original FX? There are already so many KPA FX with non-real sounds/parameters... why should some folk think the Leslie is not to be played around with? There are many stomp boxes that allow you to dial in in between speeds, or varying speeds. The KPA is quite capable of this. Why is there such reluctance to "screw with the Holy Grail" in this instance? (the grail being the original Leslie of course).

Sorry if I'm venting, just a pet peeve, greater than the editor peeve of others, or spring reverb...

No disrespect intended against the wonderful Kemper team who keep us enthralled with new upgrades FOR FREE mind you, so this isn't so much a complaint... these guys are the best!

Gary ô¿ô

• I haven't played with parallel paths, Viabcroce, interesting point.

prsgary,

You know what, I think I must have had a bug. When I initially setup the 2 Rotary FX, when I turned the MIX on one, the other also turned the same #

But now when I do it, I can control the mix separately.

Now the issue with the Rotary Speaker is that it has only 2 settings: Slow, Fast

So you'd have to set up one FX slow, one fast, and have their MIX reversed at 0% and 100% MIX on Heel and opposite on TOE (if using an expression pedal)

That would work. Now can you control the Rotary speed if there are only 2 settings (the button at the top right of the LCD screen) I don't know. Haven't played with this effect enough.

Back when I was clamoring for this feature, my primary intended use was to simulate feedback by using the harmonizer (e.g. octave up) and setting the expression pedal to control the mix. Now I wonder if it could also be used as a workaround to set the Rotary Speaker speed somewhere between Slow and Fast.

this was doable in an older firmware. I made mention of it more than once, but no one responded. How i did it was to connect an exp pedal to one of the pedal inputs on the back, but I did not activate it. It made every step in between slow and fast on the rotary effect - just fantastic really. Sorry I don't remember the OS, but on subsequent firmware updates, it no longer worked in that manner. So, it is possible, I'm quite sure. I used it that way a lot.

• I found my old post, but the variable rotary effect came from placing the wah ring modulator in slot x.

How about a FAST and SLOW switch for Tremolo effect ???
    thebrushwithin - Jan 10th 2015 - Feature requests
    I had posted this as a separate thread, but got 0 responses, perhaps because of the title, Wah Ring Modulator. Here is how to make a variable speed tremolo, with an expression pedal: I have an expression pedal that is in slot 2, in the back. Yesterday, I decided to try an effect in Slot X, that I hadn't tried before, which was the Wah Ring Modulator. In the settings, I have Manual = 5.0, Pedal Range = 100%, Pedal Mode = on, Stereo = +90 degrees, Mix = 100%, Ducking = 0.0, Volume = 0. If I initia…

• double post, sry

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• So i have one question. In this video we heard a shimmer delay (KRIS) .
    In my opinion it sounds great but .... what about upcoming reverb's?
    The delay shimmer have a some kind of distinct and noticed taps in sound while using the reverb and the same pitch shifting(KRIS) algorithm in reverb feedback loop may yields a smoother choir like results(because of the more complicated(more random taps) nature of the reverb trail)
    I wonder if there will be reverb shimmer or we can tweak the delay KRIS to sound more smooth?

Someone stated in one of the threads that CK stated, the reverbs will
    follow at some point this year. Delays come with the FW. So all good :)

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Based on that namm video there is nothing of interest to me. From a recording point of view I don't see anything usable. I'm not complaining because new features are cool. I just wonder what they are thinking. Those delays seem so out of touch... but maybe when I have them I'll change my mind. Is anyone excited about the new delay algos?

• Oh well, to say the least I guess, all those who have been requesting more delay types and the possibility to use more that one delay at a time :)

As a side note, I usually don't mind if I don't like a demo of anything. I'll have to use the feature myself to see what I can get out of it.

:)

• Based on that namm video there is nothing of interest to me. From a recording point of view I don't see anything usable. I'm not complaining because new features are cool. I just wonder what they are thinking. Those delays seem so out of touch... but maybe when I have them I'll change my mind. Is anyone excited about the new delay algos?

I'm pretty excited about the new delays. :)