The NAMM plot thickens.............

• Based on that namm video there is nothing of interest to me. From a recording point of view I don't see anything usable. I'm not complaining because new features are cool. I just wonder what they are thinking.Those delays seem so out of touch... but maybe when I have them I'll change my mind. Is anyone excited about the new delay algos?

?(?(

Maxy, with all due respect, I am not quite sure where you are coming from, with that particular comment. Dual Delay is one of the MOST requested features, by KPA owners. Guess what, not only are we getting Dual Delays...we are getting Quad Delays. QUAD DELAYS.

I am actually afraid that some irresponsible guitarist is going to mess with the Quad Delay and cause a rift in our spacetime continuum.

If you can't find something to get excited about in the following list of new delay effects...than I don't know what to say:

Legacy Delay
    Single Delay
    Dual Delay
    Two Tap Delay
    Serial Two Tap Delay
    Loop Pitch Delay
    Crystal Delay
    Frequency Shifter Delay
    Rhythm Delay
    Quad Delay

• You forgot the melody delays! And that they can be placed in any slot (except Reverb)! And that you can chain them! Up to 7 in one Rig!

Edited 2 times, last by sambrox ().

• Based on that namm video there is nothing of interest to me. From a recording point of view I don't see anything usable. I'm not complaining because new features are cool. I just wonder what they are thinking. Those delays seem so out of touch... but maybe when I have them I'll change my mind. Is anyone excited about the new delay algos?

They aren't out of touch at all, and I'm incredibly excited for them. I wasn't excited at all about morphing (and I'm still not, it's nice, but I might only use it on one or two slots), but the delays made me almost pee myself. There are many genres that feature little or no effects (including delay) on the guitarist, and, for these, I could see how you could perceive this as "unusable." However, my main styles are post-rock and ambient, and I apply that to worship music on the weekends. Let's put it this way - I have close to 50 presets on my Strymon Timeline to get different delay sounds. Big swells, lots of space, shimmers, lo-fi, whatever, it's all gravy to me, as I'm often trying to fill my parts and the parts of a missing keys player, and tell a story that fits in with the song, all while trying to create some sort of vibe that doesn't sound overpowering. I'm the same way with reverbs - I have a Strymon Timeline that has probably 2 dozen presets that I use on a normal basis, at least half of which have 15s or greater decay.

So, out of touch? No way. Out of touch with your typical country band/bar band/cover band/classic rock band/death metal band? Yeah, probably. But there is more than just these genres of music and more than one way to play anything.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• What's not to like about morphing.
    I've had the kemper just a short while and while noodling with the profile content I've come across several situations where this or that setting within a rig sounds great.
    Just set morph heel/toe and you're set. Great feature for sure.
    Fx on/off with fx x-fade/ramp up+down time should be a part of it IMO (for fx that do not have a mix parameter).

I can see many uses for this from changing "moods" to using it as rhythm/lead (and in between) to doing any crazy stuff one can imagine.

• Those delays seem so out of touch... but maybe when I have them I'll change my mind. Is anyone excited about the new delay algos?

Out of touch with your typical country band/bar band/cover band/classic rock band/death metal band? Yeah, probably

being able to put a delay in front of the amp is pretty cool for classic rock bands and even mandatory in some styles (Rockabilly etc.), having a serial delay is a must for Shadows type echoes, Led Zep tape echo madness? it's there (especially when coupled with Morph!)

a large userbase requested more and more powerful delays, so how can their implementation be 'out of touch'? :D

• being able to put a delay in front of the amp is pretty cool for classic rock bands and even mandatory in some styles (Rockabilly etc.), having a serial delay is a must for Shadows type echoes, Led Zep tape echo madness? it's there (especially when coupled with Morph!)

a large userbase requested more and more powerful delays, so how can their implementation be 'out of touch'? :D

Certainly Dan, you're right on. I'm thinking your average "pure tone tube freak" guy (or gal) that probably hasn't looked into digital amps since the first Line 6 amps came out and hates the idea of pedals or effects at all. There's a lot of closed-mindedness when it comes to digital stuff in the guitar world, and plenty of players that just don't bother because it's different and scary.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• Being out of touch with some people sometimes means you are actually in touch with the rest!

Pre-stack delay has been a feature request since I came on this board 4 years ago. I like it a lot. Don't know, if that will render my belle epoche "useless", but it will give me many options I did not have before. Thank You.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• U2 delay has been asked for over and over. Soon to be delivered. As was the Librarian. And feedback for the Remote design. Kemper is quite responsive to community wishes. Heck, the Delay is a dedicated slot! Kemper clearly didn't initially plan this deep a rollout of delays on it's own. It's totally community driven.

I bet if someone gave you pitch and arpeggio capable multiple delay pedals, a peterson strobe tuner, and a pedal board (somehow) capable of morphing all your pedals progressive settings, plus your amp's progressive settings down to tube characteristics, you'd literally sh#t yourself with gratitude!

How can guitarist NOT be naturally curious about pedals, board capabilities and amp settings?!?
    Come on, folks, these are tools for song creation. NAMM is a Holiday for Kemper owners.

Morph in fact is a prime example of why the Kemper is such a pioneering amp tool. You can't do this type of thing in hardware.
    It's entirely a digital creation. And you are being given a very powerful tool to control your own musical creation.

When I think of it, I'm reminded of when Moog first came out and the album "Switched on Bach" was made.

Guitarists likewise should be inspired by these things to create entirely new ways of doing music.

• I'm really excited by the new delays. The ones I'm looking forward to most from my current knowledge of delays are the tape echo sounds / Shadows type things that Don mentioned above (more details to whet my appetite would be appreciated if you've time, Don :) ) And being able to put them where you want to in the chain is most welcome.

For the weirder delays? I'm approaching them with excited curiosity to think 'what can I do with this?' One of the many wonderful things about playing music is that you can create a little bit of magic (or crap, I can't always tell with my own stuff till it's too late :) ). If I'm being given the opportunity to make sounds that I've never even thought about then that is fantastic - I shall play a few notes and see where it takes my mind..... I'm certain there are things in this update that will inspire creativity and that, surely, is to be praised because it's what this is all about.

• don't know maybe aready posted someware ?( but if not:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:thumbup::thumbup:

"We don't see things as they are,
    we see things as we are"

• And a other one.. :P

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"We don't see things as they are,
    we see things as we are"

• The morph feature is very practical, and the programming couldn't be any simpler, it seems to me. However, these new delays are really one of the best additions ever! Hoping they also allow spillover, between patch changes. Also, praying they are released very soon!

• Pretty cool! The morphing isn't something I'd use, but the delay additions are awesome. I'm hoping that they are also improved in quality.

is Morphing basically assigning multiple parameters to a pedal, which will then rise and fall depending on the time limits?

I thought I read that you could assign parameters to the FCB1010 via MIDI and more or less do that already?

Edited 2 times, last by PhilUK84 ().