Newb: w/dumb ? no delay/verb thru cab

• Hello,
    Just got a power rack w/remote.
    Headphones sound great everything's there.
    But if I connect to an ev loaded mesa 1x12 the verb/delay are not present.
    Am I missing something obvious?
    New to Kemper but not amp
    Thank you for your indulgence.

• I have seen this issue come up a few times before. I guess I am just curious...why??

Is it because the people experiencing this issue have a 2nd-hand KPA, in which the previous owner has modified the Output settings?

In other words, I guess I just presumed that "Master Mono" was the "Factory Default" setting on the Monitor Output connection, for a factory new KPA. Is this not the case??

Further to this train of thought...

Would it make sense for anyone who purchases a 2nd-hand (used) KPA to immediately restore the KPA settings to factory default, as the first order of business...just to err on the side of caution. Ingolf, what are your thoughts?

• My unit was a 'demo' from Sweetwater, 3.0.2. I've downloaded the most recent update, wish I could connect the KPA to my Mac but it appears I need to use a usb stick to update. So that'll wait till tomorrow.
    I appreciate the help!

• Sorry but I don't understand... Why mono out should kill delay and reverb? At most it should kill the stereo effect, meaning that you won't hear the ping pong effect, but you should anyway hear reverb and delay "summed to mono". What am I missing? BTW, I don't own a KPA, yet

• Would it make sense for anyone who purchases a 2nd-hand (used) KPA to immediately restore the KPA settings to factory default, as the first order of business...just to err on the side of caution. Ingolf, what are your thoughts?

Indeed @Tritium, I would recommend this procedure.
    You never know how previous owners or users trying a demo unit in a store have tinkered with output settings and/or EQ.

• Sorry but I don't understand... Why mono out should kill delay and reverb? At most it should kill the stereo effect, meaning that you won't hear the ping pong effect, but you should anyway hear reverb and delay "summed to mono". What am I missing? BTW, I don't own a KPA, yet

In this case the OP's unit may well have been set to 'stack' on the monitor output which would explain why there was no post FX like delay and reverb.

• It is/was a demo unit so all this makes sense.
    I just fired it up and went for it.
    I solved the issue from help here(thanks again) and it seems I'm good to go.
    Except the update... which I need a usb stick, so that'll wait till 2morrow.
    I'm sure I'll have more Q's...so stand by ;)?(:thumbup:

• Welcome!!
    2nd hand KPA should be backed up first then restored to factory. Wouldn't want to lose any of the purchased profiles that may be on the unit. But yes, starting with factory defaults would be best for new users for sure.

• Would it make sense for anyone who purchases a 2nd-hand (used) KPA to immediately restore the KPA settings to factory default, as the first order of business...just to err on the side of caution.

Sounds good, but if there were some great rigs from third-part vendors I'd not like to delete them... :)

Sorry but I don't understand... Why mono out should kill delay and reverb? At most it should kill the stereo effect, meaning that you won't hear the ping pong effect, but you should anyway hear reverb and delay "summed to mono". What am I missing? BTW, I don't own a KPA, yet

This happens because on the Profiler you can decide what signal(s) go(es) where. Someone must have tweaked the Output settings ;)

• Welcome!!
    2nd hand KPA should be backed up first then restored to factory. Wouldn't want to lose any of the purchased profiles that may be on the unit. But yes, starting with factory defaults would be best for new users for sure.

Sounds good, but if there were some great rigs from third-part vendors I'd not like to delete them... :)

Hi Zapman and Gianfranco,

What I was talking about was a "soft" reset, as described in the KPA Reference Manual (see below). I believe that would only reintialize the Input and Output settings back to factory default status, without losing or erasing any stored Rigs. At least, this is how I read the instructions:
    -----------------------------------------------------
    KPA Reference Manual 3.2 -- "Trouble Shooting", Page 134:

Unexpected behavior
    In case any inputs or outputs don’t operate as you would expect, or you experience any other unpredicted behavior,
    the soft button “Init Globals” in the System menu will reset most global parameters to their default state. This way,
    you are always able to recover a defined state of settings. Your Rigs, Presets, Performances, and Slots won’t be
    impacted by this reset.
    You could also restore your latest backup, which will recover your complete global settings as
    well as entire content. We strongly recommended that you create backups whenever you have performed any major
    parameter adjustments, or created new content, and that you keep your USB stick handy. Given the size of
    customary USB sticks you could easily keep hundreds of Profiler backup archives available. Another best practice is
    to store the operating system file “kaos.bin” in the root directory of your USB stick. This way, not only can you
    effectively upgrade your Profiler, but also keep some additional recovery options.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Cheers,
    John

• Excellent idea, I never did a soft reset.