Genre specific stock performances for a better user experience on first exposure.

• Oh man, yeah. This would be a killer intro feature. Better than the "default rig" setups that come stock in performance mode, and it would give people a better idea of how the whole "performance" thing works (because some people still seem afraid to use it).

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• Great Idea! It would help with the initial ,I'm lost I can't find tones that work for my style syndrome :)

. I've been thinking about this and , while performance genre profiles would be great, unless the stores are educated I'm not sure if a player being first exposed to the Kemper , would get past browser mode . Maybe have the first 20-25 slots in Browser could somehow be labeled by Genre.

• Good idea! IMO, for a better outcome such rigs would also contain information about the PUs to be used: SC N + C, HB Bridge, Tele Neck.
    I've heard too many rigs sounding bad with a guitar and just start shining when you use something different...

• +1
    I think I would not have bought the KPA right away, if I had tried it in the store.
    Also the first playing at home were initially somewhat disappointing.
    A more structured and commented content of the factory perfomances would be helpfull.
    It was research on the Internet, the video and also reading this forum which gave me only the confidence that things can be done better.

The big advance of Kemper, when its configurated to your needs - plug in and play - needs to show in more understandable and convincingly way for a newbye, who need the KPA just for playing.
    (I think it is a big part of potential clients.)
    The professionals and soundengineers have already the knowledge before they buy.

• Kemper's fortune would probably be better in stores if the "Factory Defaults" were just 4-5 performances, and a simple 1-page doc was stuck on top of each unit with a brief and effective list of instructions.

WELCOME!
    HOW TO GET THE GREATEST FUN WITH YOUR PROFILER

• Plug you guitar in and make the Profiler aware of it by properly setting the input (CS bla bla).
    • Switch the chicken head to Perform for some sound examples!
    • Use the Arrows to see the available demo performances. Choose a Style performance according to your instrument.
    • In a performance, use the arrows to select some sound example related to specific PUs. Feel free to use the tone knobs in front of the unit to make the Profiler sound more to your tastes.
    • If the Output LED tends to stay in the red area, lower the Volume knob. If you need more volume, raise the Master Volume knob.
    • Have fun switching effects on and off by pressing the related A B C D Mod... buttons!
    • Want to edit your sounds besides the basic tone controls? Visit the Amp section and explore what the Profiler can give you! You can swap page on the Amp section by pressing the arrow keys.

This is just an example of course and can be rewritten in infinite different ways, but it aims at two goals:

• To prevent troubles due to not knowing the UI the casual user might experience.
    • To make anyone feel that they can actually control (and master in fact) the device in simple manners. They have to feel at home at their first use!

:)

• Hi Raoul23,

when I asked the first time in a shop to show me the Kemper,
    the guy was not able to get any tone out of the Kemper :-))

So I tried it a few days later ans ws successful :-))

Kind regards
    Enrico

:) Thanks for all your help ! :thumbup:

• when I asked the first time in a shop to show me the Kemper, the guy was not able to get any tone out of the Kemper :-))

When I was in the shop to try the KPA I had the feeling, they seemed not really be interested to explain.
    I think they prefer to sell more Amps than one KPA. ;)
    So I ordered via Internet with refund policy.

Now on topic:
    I think less would be more.
    I mean less Rigs and some good Perfomances would be more impressive.
    There are so many Rigs and only one Performance to get an idea how to use it.
    You really get lost at the beginning.
    This system was born at a time when RM did not exist.
    A list of the available Rigs in the RE could be enough. (But in manner that a beginner can understand and becomes courios)

I have noticed also with other equipment, they are full of effects and possibilities, but are seldom reasonable for use.
    It would be a chance to do it better than others.