Looking for a nice Clean Sound

• Hi Hi,

may be you can have a loock to the following Ricks:

Akustic Rigs
    Acoustic Body1,Acoustic Martin,SR Jam100,AC OFS,Classic Vibe,Acoustic A,Acoustic B,Fishman,

Rigs without CAB:
    Acoustic A – E,Acoustimax 1,Acoustic Dream,Taylor 114,

Have much fun :-))

Kind regards
    Enrico

:) Thanks for all your help ! :thumbup:

• Depending upon your taste and intended use, you'll fine many of us are fans of some of the various commercial vendors including M. Britt, The Amp Factory, Top Jimi, etc. etc. etc.

I lean towards Michael Britt's profiles for live use but I have purchased and also use some Amp Factory and Top Jimi on occassion (I don't switch a lot during my gigs). A lot of folks favor Amp Factory or Top Jimi for studio work.

Here are the CLEAN profiles I use most:
    M. Britt: /13 (various from packs 1&2), Dumble, some vox, and some from the vintage pack
    TAF (The Amp Factory): I love the Big Twin which comes with the factory profiles I think. Trainwreck, Goldfinger. (these are more edge of break up with more bite but I love them!)
    Top Jimi: Vox 30

That said, I only mentioned these three because they are the only ones I personally have purchased and can vouch for. There are a lot of options out there, so hopefully others can chime in and give you recommendations.

EDIT: Note that my two main guitars are a '71 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe and an '82 Ibanez AR305. I don't play a Strat currently.

• Hello Stephans, I've done many tweaks for these guitars with some free rigs out there, do a search on the rig exchange with my name 'WarabA', there is lots of specific strat (ST) and Les Paul (LP) cleans (check the 5 star ones first) , and most of the driven ones will clean up very well.

If you don't want to search & go thru all of them, just check my commercial packs : single coil pack or humbucker pack (or the bundle), both tweaked to get the most out of these classic guitars with a real 'amp feel' (demo rigs & clips available).

• Hi.
    I'm looking for a nice clean sound.
    Any tips?

Start RM - sort by gain within the RE rigs - look at the ratings - pick a few and "audition" them.

Go to one of the commercial rig sellers' pages - theampfactory, soundside and MBrittProfiles are the first that come to mind when looking for clean stuff - look for an amp you have in mind and listen to the soundbits.

Use the search button in this forum. To me it feels like gazillions of clean rigs have been discussed and recommended over time.

In the end only you know what kind of "tone" you are searching for. A clean Petrucchi like MK V sound is very different from a classic clean AC30 oder a clean Dumble(ish) sound.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• Morgan AC 20, M.Britt Divided by 13 profiles, AC 15 profiles, all found on the Rig Exchange, is where I found some really nice ones. ymmv

Also, I was able to clean up some Kemper profiles that were originally slightly saturated.

Edited once, last by C-4 ().

• Morgan AC20 by rmpacheco is very good. I have a JTM30 profile on the rig exchange that's pretty good also.

Edit: another thing to do is swap cabs on these rigs, especially my JTM30...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Seconded the Morgan AC20. Great foundation rig. There's a few awesome Matchless profiles that have nice clean sounds, and, for most of my work, I use Pete's AC30 profiles, the clean ones.

However, if you want more of a Fender-y clean, there's gobs and gobs on RM, and even more in packs, like M Britt's. M Britt's packs are the ones I'd recommend if you want a great collection of clean to mid-gain rigs. Any pack works great. They're not my favorites, but many people absolutely love them.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• in the rig exchange there is a fucxs ods50 that i use thats a really nice clean. and try the redplate cds2 bf cln. also a good clean on rig exchange. of course there are a few good commercial cleans but these might get you there.