Mackie Reach

• I bought the Mackie Freeplay. It uses the same App but 2-CH plus Bluetooth only. I sometimes play variety music at get togethers with friends especially on the boat in summertime. My Bose L1 is a bit much. The Free Play is fine for this. The Reach is more like the Bose and would be great for singles/duo gigs as suggested. Gotta love the tech coming out. I use the Freeplay as a Bluetooth stereo all the time and it is great while hanging out with friends and a nice mini amp with Kemper or Tech 21 Flyrig if simplicity is desired.

• Anyone got a gut feeling on the specs vs price aspect? Is this thing a good deal for the price of asking?

Also, any idea how flat it is (Freeplay too)?

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• This looks very good.
    I once played with my friend (Duo) with a LD Systems Maui 11. (approx 200 people in the room) . No Rock - more popular music for the young at heart.
    This array technology is amazing.
    Your need not play so loud, because people in more far distance also can hear you clearly.
    It is not sensitive for acoustic feedback. You need no monitor box, as the loudness is not much more if you are closer.
    Just try to have more than 1,5 m distance to the box, otherwise the sound seems a little strange. (Well the Mackie has obviously another Monitoring system.)
    It could be a good choice. Please report if you test it.
    Do you know the price?

• It's especially interesting for the single/duo scenario that I'm likely to do.

Not having to tote around another monitor was a pretty brilliant design, as I do a solo act with tracks. I own a pair of Mackie studio monitors, and a pair of Mackie SRM 450's,and both have shown quality and reliability, over the many years I have used them. I am thinking of trading my Bose L1 Model 2, in on a pair of these, but have not found them in a store yet.

• Not having to tote around another monitor was a pretty brilliant design, as I do a solo act with tracks. I own a pair of Mackie studio monitors, and a pair of Mackie SRM 450's,and both have shown quality and reliability, over the many years I have used them. I am thinking of trading my Bose L1 Model 2, in on a pair of these, but have not found them in a store yet.

Sam Ash and Sweetwater both have them in stock ...

edit: Guitar Center carries them too.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

Edited once, last by Zappledan ().

• Thanks guys..

@Sharry

It must be around 1000 euros.Yes.For dou´s/trios in small/very small venues these kind of things could save you:Onother PA-box,two-three monitors and a mixer.If "it works" it could be a nice solution for a singer/acoustic player,the "electric guy" and lets say the guy with the laptop/cajun-player.

@thebrushwithin

Two of them could be (if the Reach works as advertised) overkill in a small venue.At least "I hope so".
    One "all PA/monitors/mixer in one"-box,two guitars and a floorboard (hope soon something like a KemperprofilePlayer..dont want to go for the AX8,only if I need to) could save up to 50% of the space the combo needs "on stage" which is non-existant in very small/small venues.These 50% "more space" can be crucial for many reasons we all know. ;)

• Two of them could be (if the Reach works as advertised) overkill in a small venue.At least "I hope so".

No doubt, but I miss stereo, and two of them are still less to carry than my Bose. With all of the new delays , and maybe soon reverbs, it would be nice to enjoy the stereo. My big question, will be the lows be enough with backing tracks. My local GC has none to show, but they are blowing out some older models.

• Looks like an up-scale Freeplay. Freeplay btw also doubles nicely as an active wedge and is a decent KPA monitor although it looks like the ugliest ghettoblaster ever. The Reach looks interesting with its built-in monitor system, but I would also consider competitors such as Carvin's S600-series that easily expands to stereo and can have small subs added if necessary.