Browse through Amps question

• When you lock the cab and browse through other profiles/rigs -> everything changes but the cab (so also fx, amp section, tonestack etc...)

If you browse through amp sections (holding amp until you get to the amp parameters, then turning browse knob) only changes the amp section, the rest (fx, cab, tonestack settings etc) all stay the same.

2nd one is better since right now there's a bug with locked cabs and merged profiles, it is being addressed though as far as I know.
    I always use the amp browse method if I just wanna check if a rig sounds better with a different amp.

It also "works" with studio profiles, but it sounds a lot better with DI/merged profiles, cause there is no more guesswork on seperatin amp & cab involved.

• Thanks for the answers guys, so I always done it right already, but wonder about the lock feature now thats why asking better

you know what is annoying, if I load a new Profile or DI Amp Profile in my kemper with the rigmanager, if I want to browse to this Amp then, it's not there to pick in the list, i have to make my Kpa Off and On, then it's available,

• Thanks for the answers guys, so I always done it right already, but wonder about the lock feature now thats why asking better

you know what is annoying, if I load a new Profile or DI Amp Profile in my kemper with the rigmanager, if I want to browse to this Amp then, it's not there to pick in the list, i have to make my Kpa Off and On, then it's available,

yeah I know, that is inconvenient.

Whenever Kemper will fix the cab lock bug for merged profiles, it should work that you can just lock everything but the amp section, and load profiles from the rig manager so you won't even need to copy it to the kemper.
    Doesn't work at the moment cause of said bug though (the amp section doesn't load right, and when you safe all sorts of weird stuff happens or so)

• Damn, hope they fix this soon, well Im not sure of it's this bug.

for example you have an Merged Profile selected also over the rigmanager, nothing locked. Then load another DI Amp Profile in the rigmanager, so in the kemper. Then select the Amp Button in your actual Merged Profile and want to browse to the Amp tothe imported DI Amp Profile, it's not in the list.
    First when power Off and On the Kemper again

Maybe it's because of the bug you told,

• ...I don't really get what you mean, honestly.

What I ment with the restart, was that if you copy merged rigs to the kemper from the rig manager, you have to restart to kemper in order for the new rigs to be visible in the amp browse menu.

What I ment with the restart, was that if you copy merged rigs to the kemper from the rig manager, you have to restart to kemper in order for the new rigs to be visible in the amp browse menu.

Sorry, yes thats what I ment too in the end
    hehe

Which, by the way, is also true for the cabs of rigs imported through RigManager. A bug? A bug!

• Damn, hope they fix this soon, well Im not sure of it's this bug.

for example you have an Merged Profile selected also over the rigmanager, nothing locked. Then load another DI Amp Profile in the rigmanager, so in the kemper. Then select the Amp Button in your actual Merged Profile and want to browse to the Amp tothe imported DI Amp Profile, it's not in the list.
    First when power Off and On the Kemper again

Maybe it's because of the bug you told,

Not sure if you are talking about actually copying the Profile over to the KPA from RigManager. You can load profiles to your KPA by double clicking on the profile which will load it into the KPA but not store it permanently. This enables testing of different profiles without having to delete every one of them that you didn't like off of the KPA. You actually need to right click and copy the profile or drag it to the KPA for it to be permanently stored on the KPA. When I use this procedure to store on the KPA, the profile is there under browse after moving to another profile. HTH

The above procedure performed under Windows, YMMV with Mac :thumbup: